lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #21
Dteams
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: gas club car

Hey folks. I just bought a 1990 Club Car. $500usd. Changed the oil and it ran fine first 4 times. Yesterday it would barely turn over. Battery is good. Going to check grounds. And then solenoid. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Would love a copy of the manual. I'm living in Mexico so extremely difficult to receive ordered/shipped items.
Dteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #22
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you need to load test the battery and after that make sure charging system is working..............but load test battery 1st..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #23
Dteams
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Shadowman. The battery is only 1 month old, but I suppose it could be faulty. I leave it at the course and the caddy master has done some maintenance for the previous owner. He said the battery is only 1 month old.
I'll load test it to be sure though. I'll post again after I try a couple things.
Dteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes even a new battery can be faulty i see it all the time......cost nothing to load test and if that is the problem at 1 month old it should be a free replacement..........if thats not it put cart in maintence mode and once you have it running have someone rev engine and check charging system with a voltage meter..............you can check right from battery with voltage meter....................
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #25
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

sorry to poop in anyones cherrios, but club car does not make the coils for the old flathead engines anymore. and i dot know of anyone that does. they were used in the early john deere gators, but JD does not even offer them anymore. if somebody knows something i don't i would love to know!
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcartthing View Post
sorry to poop in anyones cherrios, but club car does not make the coils for the old flathead engines anymore. and i dot know of anyone that does. they were used in the early john deere gators, but JD does not even offer them anymore. if somebody knows something i don't i would love to know!

how many do you need? i can still get them....matter of fact i sent one over to the netherlands or holland somewhere like that..................................
Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #27
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
how many do you need? i can still get them....matter of fact i sent one over to the netherlands or holland somewhere like that..................................
really? i'll have to keep that in mind next time somebody walks in needing one. now i have a source!
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #28
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcartthing View Post
really? i'll have to keep that in mind next time somebody walks in needing one. now i have a source!

just give me a hollar.....................................
Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #29
buoymarker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I will try once again to post this troubleshooting process from my Kawasaki PDF manual..... If you can't read it try saving it to your computer and view it with windows fax and piture viewer then you can blow it up and it clears up decent. Hope this works and helps
Once again this file is too big to upload so if you PM me with your email and request club car troubleshooting procedure I will email it to you or any member needing it.
Hey Scottyb would you please send me a copy... buoymarker
buoymarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
buoymarker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I will try once again to post this troubleshooting process from my Kawasaki PDF manual..... If you can't read it try saving it to your computer and view it with windows fax and piture viewer then you can blow it up and it clears up decent. Hope this works and helps
Once again this file is too big to upload so if you PM me with your email and request club car troubleshooting procedure I will email it to you or any member needing it.
hey scottyb...thanks very much, now ive something to do
buoymarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car