lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #11
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 crank bearings shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
You seem to know your way around motors and if you have a good machine shop I'd highly suggest getting an over sized Piston and have them bore it out (do a quick google search you can still get them I didn't want to post a link beings it's not a sponsor) but for the extra money you're already this deep into the motor in my opinion it's worth the new parts simply because that's an original Piston no younger than 29 years old... Best part is when they bore out the machine shop will get a great cross hatch on the cylinder wall after they are done
Im going to take your advise Spicy and bore it one size bigger .25 I believe. Was thinking about metal fatigue from 29+ years while standing over the bbq yesterday. Took the clutch side crank seal out today and found a large snap ring behind it. I wasnt expecting that. Any thoughts as to which side to press the bearing out from? Remove bearing out the clutch side or press towards the center of cases. Fan side was pretty self explanatory. Ive done many engines just new to golf carts and the large snap ring threw me a curve.
dezrcr822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha