lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2018, 03:22 PM   #21
flash_e
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1991 G5A Sun Classic Starter Issues

Bumping up to see if anyone has any suggestions on what is going on from the videos.
flash_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, so what's the voltage making it to the starter nowdays?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:07 AM   #23
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash_e View Post
Bumping up to see if anyone has any suggestions on what is going on from the videos.
Looks and sounds like a primary clutch weight is broken! Take the gold cap off and inspect it.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:51 AM   #24
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

What is the condition of the commutator? If the mica is level with with the copper segments it will not let the brushes come in full contact with the commutator. This will limit the output and starting abilities. Just replacing the brushes is doing half of the job and may result in only partial output.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Commutator.jpg (15.5 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #25
flash_e
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Guys - Thanks for all of the helpful posts. I finally brought the cart home so I could work on it. Pulled the primary drive clutch cap off and I did have a broken weight. I had noticed a crack in the case, but though my son had thrown a rock up and cracked it. Now a few more questions.
1. Am I able to put silicone on the cap crack to seal it up or do I need to get a new one?
2. I took the weight off and plan on replacing it, but is it better to go with a new primary drive that does not have the weights in it?
3. I noticed that the shoe ramps were all worn down on the secondary clutch so I decided to try and remove it to replace them. I am not able to get it to budge. I tried to put a pully puller on the fixed sheave, but it would not budge and I did not want to bend it. I did not know if I could clamp the puller on the sliding sheave or not. I did not want to break anything. Should I purchase a puller, similar to the Jakes, that bolts into the fixed sheave? I was thinking about reinstalling the Jakes Power kit with the new spring and spacer but was not for sure if it would work since it says for G14-G22 carts.

Thanks for everyones help so far. I think I am getting close. I just have to figure out how to get the secondary clutch off and what parts to purchase.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #26
flash_e
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Guys - Thanks for everyone's help. This forum has a wealth of knowledge. I wanted to give a quick updated on the cart. I finally replaced the primary weight and it fixed the starter issue. I went ahead and rebuilt the secondary clutch with new shoe ramps and a clutch spring and everything seems to be running well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha