lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
Jmbogolf
Not Yet Wild

Default 09 ytf1 brakes

Picked up a couple of these, one a parts cart with hole in the block and one decent one running with both pedals sticking. Brakes are stuck on while driving. Help please, what do I need to know? Appears to be drive train brakes (no drums). Was hoping for just a cable replacement or something simple. A brief inspection reveals this be something bigger in the trans. Any commonalities with this?

Won't let me search here for some reason. I can pull down search option but when I click to bring up key board cursor the search function goes away.

Appreciate any help with this, jim
Jmbogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 09 ytf1 brakes

Stop driving until you can get pedal to release. Driving it like this is damaging brakes that cost hundreds of $$ to replace.. the pedal not returning is likely just a problem at the pedal.

And my trick for the search bar is to copy & paste into search bar.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
Jmbogolf
Not Yet Wild

Only drove it to get it loaded.
There is slack in the brake cable when released
so I suspect it will be something wrong in the trans.
Looks like ill be swapping tranys with the other cart. Lotta work!
Jmbogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

The brakes are fixable – I have done it. There is a site sponsor that sells a kit to rebuild them for a very good price.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #5
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So just how much is this good price? I keep hearing to just do the brakes on these crap team rears but then when it comes down to it, nobody ever comes with the good price. Please someone enlighten me on the price. Including all parts, seals , and bearings that would need replaced. I have looked and looked, and can find nothing close to being worth the time and effort. So, throw up a price all said and done please anyone
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry Jmbogolf. You can unhook the brake cable on passenger side of rear end and work cable back and forth. Would also show if rear end is somehow seized if the brake lever doesn't spring back when you release the cable from it
Old 12-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

As you see here the lever should spring back all the way until it contacts the mounting area20181216_162127.jpeg

Sent from my LG V35 using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 09 ytf1 brakes

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rking-all.html

https://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/Yama..._p/brk-030.htm
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #9
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

LOLOLOLOLOL
Please dont believe that $189.75 is the total cost.... Yes if your cart is rarely used and electric not gas, the new brakes will last a while. If the cart is actually used at all, as in more than an hour a month. plan on replacing every 3 to 5 years. Just dont do bigger tires or a lift and all will be fine. You will also need to total in the cost of seals gaskets bearings whatever. BEST bet is....If you are keeping the cart, buy a used dana rear end and be done with the stupid. If you want all new, a dana will be close to $1000 all said and done. then new brakes will cost a whole $30. Also with a dana, you have the option of posi. This not just my opinion but straight from the people at Yamaha. They dont even offer a replacement for this rear end because they themselves cant figure out a way to make it decent. Words straight from them to me and many others
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha