lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
Mxracer3317
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Jakes 5” vs double A-arm 7” lift

Be to owning a cart and already starting my upgrades. I’m looking for opinions on either lift kit for my G2. I like the idea of the more rugged double a arm setup but I have concerns about driving stability of the talker lift kit. Any information/opinions you guys have would be much appreciated. Cheers🍻
Mxracer3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Jakes 5” vs double A-arm 7” lift

if you want stability, go long travel. i have it on my g29 and its more stable than stock for sure. pushes front wider and forward a bit. throw in some wheel spacers on the back
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I had the Jakes single a-arm lift on my Vanguard cart, but wanted something better. I couldn't justify the cost of the LT, and went with the double a-arm. It's more forgiving than the single, but not as good as the LT. 2" spacers all around widen the stance. Stability hasn't been an issue. If you just want a little lift, Steeling has a 4" block lift that retains all the stock components. I have one on my yard cart, but no spacers. It's a nice inexpensive lift. https://www.steelenggolfcart.com/col...ock-lift-g2-g9

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:14 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha