lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

Default What causes this issue

I keep have the same, reoccurring problem in my 2007 Yamaha ydra

the problem is this. My golf cart keeps dying. I found it to be the line from the pump to the crankcase

The fuel pump, which has 3 "prongs" coming from it.
1. from the fuel tank to the pump
2. bottom of fuel pump to engine crank case
3. from pump to carb.

Line #2 from the crankcase to the pump keeps clogging. Something, and im not sure what keeps blocking off the line.

Ill be driving, and then it just dies. I take the line off the pump and crankcase, try to push air thru and nothing. I have to take a air compressor to blow that line clear....

thing is, nothing ever really comes out..

Anybody else have this issue? The crankcase has great vac.....when the line is clear, the cart runs great.

Anybody know what it could be?

Im thinking on my way home im going to replace that line with a new one....im wondering if that line is coming apart on the inside?
Stegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: What causes this issue

It's possible the line is deteriorating. more common with fuel lines, but it's certainly possible.

When you drive the cart, do you make lots of really short trips? or long trips? IF the engine doesn't get up to operating temp it's not uncommon for condensation or oil/water milkshake to get into the line and the fuel pump. You may want to clean out the fuel pump as well. If the milkshake stuff made it all the way into the baffle, it may explain why nothing really comes out of the line when you blow it out.

wouldn't hurt to replace the line with a new one.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Perhaps just a stupid idea, but I would also check the air intake of the gas tank cap...
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Make sure the pulse line is pulled tight, with no dips or low spots to collect moisture.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

i run 90 octane ethanol free gas....so not worried about moisture there

I did drill out the hole in the gas cap, thinking that was the issue...so the tank is vented fine

Never thought about condensation.....Yes i do make alot of short trips...i have a cargo box on my cart and i use it to haul feed down to the coop.

I do take it on longer drives thru the 60 acres of fields i have....but make alot of short trips around the house

I bet in condensation, the line is not pulled tight.....so i bet your right.

Ill rerun the line so its tight, see if that helps!

(no milkshake stuff in the line or oil fill cap...)
Stegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:55 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

CP241 has hit it on the head. I see this a lot on fleet vehicles on golf courses. I now replace and reroute the hose with clear see through hose and part of the daily " battery check " is to glance at the hose and if contaminated pull it off and clean it. I see this mostly on small 9 hole courses where the carts engines never really warm up.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha