lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #1
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2008 doa

I bought a 2008 Electric and it was running fine now its DEAD battery pac is brand new what is the best way to start trouble shooting this cart I need it by the weekend

thanks in advance
MAD-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2019, 03:41 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 doa

At least 3 different electric models were available in '08. More info? & Current pack voltage?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #3
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

51 volts brand new battery pack Rxv and the reverse buzzer sounds when in reverse , the motor wont move unless I lift the lever on the side its just a boat anchor right now. I found an older post you had put up and I checked for voltage at the brake and had nothing , then I went and discoed the small black wire at the ground terminal at the controller and the cart came alive ….so Im hoping that the resistor coil is bad???
Old 09-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Not the coil itself, its just a simple passive device. The resistor control module is bad. (The thing that black wire leads to).
Old 09-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

10- 4 thanks for the help
Old 09-27-2019, 07:29 AM   #6
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

I put the new module in I drove 100 feet and quite any way of removing the regeneration and just disconnectin the small black wire all together ? What Would Happen If I Took The RESISTOR TOYALLY Out
Old 09-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Regen braking is your primary form of brakes, you can't turn that off. And as far as the resistor goes, it's function is a rarely used one. The purpose of it is as a place to "dump energy" in the rare situation where the batteries are totally full & heavy braking is needed, (back to Regen being your primary brakes). Say, for example, you lived on a big hill, and you tried to drive your "fully charged, fresh off the charger" rxv down that hill using the brakes. Regen brakes have to have a place to put that energy, but the batteries are already full, it would engage the resistor as a place to "dump" that generated energy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO