lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
tmr150
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 EZGO TXT quit on my mom

Hey guys, Mom went for a ride and made it about a half a mile on a full charge and the cart just quit. I pulled her back with my cart and started investigating. she said the volt meter went from full to around half in the short time she was riding. I pulled each cable off and put the multimeter on them and 4 of them read 6.2 and the 2 closes to the controller read 5.9. So I cleaned of the terminals with a small wire brush and reconnected all of the cables. Battery meter read full and cart worked fine. Same thing happened the next day, except she didn't go as far. I removed the cover for the controller and noticed that a wire was slightly burned on one side of the solenoid, so I taped it up and rerouted it so it wouldn't touch. I pressed the accelerator and nothing. I replaced the faulty micro switch on the pedal and still nothing. I then noticed that the wire from the charger to the controller was burned and brittle from one end to the other and so was both of the wires going to the key switch. I replaced all three wires and now my volt meter wont read and the back up beeper isn't working and the cart is very slow and jumpy(as if the batteries were dead). Again checked each individual battery with multimeter and are all reading 6V. I need some help guys! I really want to get mom's cart going for her, especially since tomorrow is her birthday! Thanks in advance
tmr150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 EZGO TXT quit on my mom

Start by charging the batteries... get em all to at least 6.2-6.3... you may have to charge one or two individually to catch them up to the rest... 5.9 is a dead battery

Then be very aware of any hot wires or connections... it’s either a bad connection or a short...if anything gets hot... stop what you’re doing and eliminate the cause... if you haven’t fried the controller yet... you’re livin on borrowed time... be careful cuz those controllers ain’t cheap and they’re a bit delicate and they’re constantly volunteering to be the next part to fail
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:14 PM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmr150 View Post
Hey guys, Mom went for a ride and made it about a half a mile on a full charge and the cart just quit. I pulled her back with my cart and started investigating. she said the volt meter went from full to around half in the short time she was riding. I pulled each cable off and put the multimeter on them and 4 of them read 6.2 and the 2 closes to the controller read 5.9. So I cleaned of the terminals with a small wire brush and reconnected all of the cables. Battery meter read full and cart worked fine. Same thing happened the next day, except she didn't go as far. I removed the cover for the controller and noticed that a wire was slightly burned on one side of the solenoid, so I taped it up and rerouted it so it wouldn't touch. I pressed the accelerator and nothing. I replaced the faulty micro switch on the pedal and still nothing. I then noticed that the wire from the charger to the controller was burned and brittle from one end to the other and so was both of the wires going to the key switch. I replaced all three wires and now my volt meter wont read and the back up beeper isn't working and the cart is very slow and jumpy(as if the batteries were dead). Again checked each individual battery with multimeter and are all reading 6V. I need some help guys! I really want to get mom's cart going for her, especially since tomorrow is her birthday! Thanks in advance
By chance did the two low batteries have lights or radio connected to them?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:41 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Lol, just dealt with that today. Extra "fog lights" were accidentally left on.......

Totally drained the 2 6v batteries it was connected to.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:47 AM   #5
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I feel I have a Moral responsibility to the customer concerning not using a dc-dc converter on their cart. We do have that decision concerning any electrical accessories.. The money that you save today will cause issues. I have heard all kind of reasons not to use a converter, One of the best was...Remove & rotate the 12v leads every month to a different set of batteries, to maintain balance within the pack.....yea tell me how that works out.
Excellent KSI activated converters are available that are less expensive than a good battery. Just Fuse it. fuse it good...your controller may thank you later.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO