lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
genoz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Substantial lean to drivers side

Hello All! I have a new problem that I need some help with. It seems that my cart has developed a substantial lean to the drivers side (see pic). The tires all have the correct pressure. I have added a 7th battery that sits under the seat on the drivers side. I have already put dual action rear leaf springs on the back. Any idea on how to fix this? I was thinking that I might possibly need new front leaf springs or shocks? Do you think that this is caused by the weight of the 7th battery?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1467.jpg (82.6 KB, 0 views)
genoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2020, 06:47 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Substantial lean to drivers side

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoz View Post
Hello All! I have a new problem that I need some help with. It seems that my cart has developed a substantial lean to the drivers side (see pic). The tires all have the correct pressure. I have added a 7th battery that sits under the seat on the drivers side. I have already put dual action rear leaf springs on the back. Any idea on how to fix this? I was thinking that I might possibly need new front leaf springs or shocks? Do you think that this is caused by the weight of the 7th battery?
most likely.....you could try to remove the 7th battery temporarily, just as a test, to see of you cart returns to level.....if so, you could always put a counterweight on the other side of they cart.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I too run a 7th battery under the drivers side and get the same results.
I have swapped the leaf from one side to the other with no change.
I also have contemplated moving the electronics just to put the battery on the passenger side. I am just too lazy at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
genoz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am thinking about replacing the front leaf springs to see if it helps. Don't know whether I should use 2 regular springs, 2 HD springs or maybe a HD spring on the drivers side and a regular one on the passenger side. Any opinions or experience?
Old 02-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #5
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

You've added 60-70lbs to the drivers side which is probably causing the lean. You could try un-hooking the battery and move it to the bag well and see how it sits. The last cart we just bought has a rear seat and the springs have flattened out after looking they are only 3 leaf so I think I may need to switch to heavy duty.

And could you share some more info on your trunk, I've been trying to find something like that for mine.
joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #6
genoz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe58 View Post
You've added 60-70lbs to the drivers side which is probably causing the lean. You could try un-hooking the battery and move it to the bag well and see how it sits. The last cart we just bought has a rear seat and the springs have flattened out after looking they are only 3 leaf so I think I may need to switch to heavy duty.

And could you share some more info on your trunk, I've been trying to find something like that for mine.
I actually made the trunk myself. The sides are 1/16" abs that I heated up with a heat gun and molded to fit. the front with the door is 1/4" abs. I bought the hinges at Home Depot and used a mailbox lock also from Home Depot.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:25 PM   #7
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Anymore details on the trunk would be great. I would like to do something like that to mine. Who did you get the abs from?
Old 02-20-2020, 08:10 AM   #8
genoz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe58 View Post
Anymore details on the trunk would be great. I would like to do something like that to mine. Who did you get the abs from?
I will get some measurements off of it today and post them here for you. I bought the ABS off of amazon.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #9
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, some more picks would be good too. I saw one at a campground we were at last year on a TXT that from a distance looked like it was made for it but I haven't been able to find one anywhere except for a RXV and it about 250.00
Old 02-20-2020, 08:39 AM   #10
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just take the rear leafs out on the drivers side and give them a little more arch in a press. If you don't have one, just take them to your local spring shop, they can do it in under 2 minutes.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO