lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

Default Removing Front Motor from BBB

After the restoration of my BBB classic, I tested the cart and it only goes about 9 mph. I figured the batteries are weak and need to be replaced. But before I spend the money on new batteries, I wanted to see if the cart is slow because of the two motors drawing power from the batteries. Since I don't need 4WD, I was wondering if it was possible to just disconnect the front motor and only use the rear like a standard golf cart? I'm not sure if the controller needs to have both motors connected to work. If it would allow all available power to go to the rear motor only, that might solve the problem. I already have another EZGO that I use for parts and I could swap out the front axles and get rid of the front motor completely if this would work. Is anyone familiar with the BBB controller or at least let me know if this would work?

Thanks
NOLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO