lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
gsueagle2424
Not Yet Wild

Default Smoke from Solenoid

I'll try to be quick - 99 48v series cart is not working I thought it was the Solenoid so I replaced with a new one.

The cart still did not work. I took a test light and hooked it to the last negative cable and tested the below

Micro switch - power
Small terminals on solenoid - power
Red wire to controller - power
Ohm tested green and yellow on controller had 5k and went to 0 as I pressed pedal.
After that I thought it may be the computer so I unhooked the computer pin connector and tries to jump computer by hooking one end of wire to the last negative terminal and one to the small terminal with the yellow wire on the solenoid. When I turned key and put it in F the cable I was using to jump got hot and started smoking by the solenoid.

Any idea of what may be wrong? I attached a picture of the new solenoid just in case I hooked it up wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200910_175654.jpg (174.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200910_175645.jpg (149.5 KB, 0 views)
gsueagle2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #2
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Smoke from Solenoid

Not an expert by any means, but could simply be loose connection. Looks like the main red is a little rusty. May want to try cleaning real good and it needs to go under all the other small wires to have good connection. Big on bottom, small on top. I'm sure you will get some other expert advice soon. Good luck.
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:45 AM   #3
gsueagle2424
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Smoke from Solenoid

Thank you for the help. I'm struggling trying to diagnose this thing.
gsueagle2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car