lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #1
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default torque vs speed slow driving

Just looking for some advice. My cart is lifted with tall tires. It has a few add ons (basket, stereo, extended roof) and a 4 seat kit. I am running an alltrax 500 with the big solenoid and the stock motor. It did around 29 mph when installed and I turned the rpms down to max out at 26-27. Thats more than enough speed for me. the cart is a neighborhood cruiser and I am driving mid speed more often than not. Wife has taken it on a slow parade run once and will again next year.

I was thinking of getting the Admiral MOT torque motor vs the speed one. I prob would run the speed map for it as long as I am still hitting that 27mph mark. If it runs faster I would go with the torque map.

Any advice on this or is my thinking good?
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: torque vs speed slow driving

Well I had a quick email chat with Scotty and I ordered the MOT B4. I have both field maps for torque and speed and I'll try them both out. It will likely stay on speed unless the wife decides to go on another short parade run or I go hunting.

Excited as I am going to do the install myself. I watched a few more detailed youtube videos using the drivers side wheel well method and figured it wasn't to hard. I put the Alltrax in and everything else so I might as well do the motor. I'll prob have to ask my stepson for help lifting the new motor in place and pulling the old one off. As far as the speed sensor wires I was going to use these and heat shrink on top of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-21-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Let me compliment Scotty and Carts Unlimited for stellar customer service. My motor was ordered yesterday and it arrived today. That was super quick service and totally unexpected. I can have the shop do the install now which will be much easier for me since i had a scheduled service appointment tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:08 PM   #4
sigfla45
Gone Wild

I am missing my cart this weekend. I dropped it off to the shop Thursday thinking it would be done in a day and every time I called they told me other carts were still ahead. Anyway I am excited to try out the new MOT-B4 and speed map. I always felt I was taking a gamble with the stock motor and I could get stranded at any time. My cart doesn’t have the front tow hook either so I often wonder how I would tow it home if needed.

I am also excited to see how the 6x9’s sound after they are added. I upgraded the stereo to a more powerful Sony so I should see some nice improvement. I’ll say it again I love my 6.5 bazooka tube but when all is said and done I should have gotten the 8” and put it in the bagwell. It would have been easier than behind the seats and sounded much better. I have never used this tampa shop before so I am a little anxious but in reality nothing I am having done is too complicated. Plus I already loaded the field map onto my Alltrax ahead of time.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:56 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It's too bad that your cart didnt get back as soon as you had hoped, but dont feel alone, my service line is full (and it's been full all summer). We worked late friday to get a few more out. And the shop manager delivered one cart with his own truck on the way to his home to get "one more done". This year has been an odd one for us, "slow season" didnt happen. Good for business, but, bad for all the things that usually get their big-maintenance in the "slow season" like our fork lift. Please be understanding, as I bet you & i are not the only ones "in a pinch".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: torque vs speed slow driving

Even with the torque setting you should be around 25 MPH. I built my cousin hunting cart and went with a

Admiral MOT-A4 Motor, Alltrax XCT48500 IQ Controller, solenoid & Accessories (For Club Car IQ) The cart with no programming ran 25MPH out of the box.
Here is the thread on it.
Yes I know it's a Club Car but you should be very close to the same with yours as far as speed & torque.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=161987
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #7
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Even with the torque setting you should be around 25 MPH. I built my cousin hunting cart and went with a

Admiral MOT-A4 Motor, Alltrax XCT48500 IQ Controller, solenoid & Accessories (For Club Car IQ) The cart with no programming ran 25MPH out of the box.
Here is the thread on it.
Yes I know it's a Club Car but you should be very close to the same with yours as far as speed & torque.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=161987
Thanks for the info. I saw that thread when I was researching. I am excited to see how the new motor runs
Old 10-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: torque vs speed slow driving

My cousin called me last week and said it broke one of it's rear leaf springs. He had to order new ones. He said the torque broke it where the bolt and sleeve are clean off!

It is a older cart but dang!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #9
sigfla45
Gone Wild

So I got my cart back today. Motor seems fine but I wasn’t able to drive it much bc I got it off the trailer and started checking the electrical. I had a new head unit installed, 6x9’s, a voltage converter, and the motor. The stereo memory doesn’t work at all. If I key the switch off it deletes the memory (mind you my converter has a memory lead). The stereo also kicks off when the volume gets high (dunno what’s up there). Also my led light bar was disconnected somehow and it won’t turn on. I can’t find the wires for it to trace the problem without cutting the neatly wrapped bundle they left. Otherwise it sounds nice. My 6x9’s have a gap under the spacer where they mount to the body. They used screws to mount the spacers instead of bolts with washers. Like I said it sounds nice but you can’t turn it up without losing the Bluetooth connection. Not happy at all for what I paid and annoyed I should have just done it all myself. The motor had me worried bc it’s a 2 man job and my stepson is unreliable as hell. Everything else I could have done and had a stereo shop cut my 6x9 holes.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #10
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Ok the led bar was just an unplugged relay. I got that working again once I found it hanging loose. Still stumped on the stereo. I have a 12v positive lead hooked to the buss bar with no fuse. I kinda hope that’s the radio memory but I have no idea if it’s gonna work if it is.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO