lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #11
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 RXV Problems

The first pic was the brake i removed and the hub was stuck to the motor shaft. I removed it and put it back on the brake that came off cart. The second pic was just for reference because I did not know there was a removable hub on the brake that was on the cart. That is all squared away now. I was just confused. Now, I put the old brake back on but was unable to torque it to specs because when I do the sequence to energize the brake and make it release it does not release. I have been told solenoid may be the issue. Everyone here clearly knows way more than I do. So what can I do to test the solenoid before I go buy one. Also, the solenoid makes sense because I have never had neutral on the cart. Even when I put it in tow then switch to neutral the cart was still locked in place.
jr5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #12
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here are some pics of the solenoid, I don't see any obvious burns but am aware it could be internal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5826.jpg (84.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5827.jpg (105.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 12:05 PM   #13
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It's hard to say, nothing looks obviously wrong with the solenoid. You can find my other post, but my solenoid melted a bit and is completely non-functional. My symptom is the same as yours where the brake will not unlock and upon starting up the solenoid clicks twice.

As far as attaching the brake back, you can override the brake by swapping the 1 and 4 cables under the tow/run cover, that will release the brake. You can take it off and put it back on under that condition.

You said you were unable to torque the bolts, but that has nothing to do with the brake locking. Are you able to get the brake on at all? I'm missing something there. I took my brake off and on with the brake switched off manually by reversing the cables. I hand torqued then reversed the cables to lock again. I then found my torque wrench and torqued to 125 in.-lb.

My solenoid should be here tomorrow, hoping fixing that solves my problems which are the double click and not getting out of safety mode. If it doesn't, the controller would be my next bet, but I was overcooking my 23" ride. I'll report back if/when my cart gets going again.
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #14
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got the brake put back in finger tight all lined up correctly I am going to swap those connectors to get it to unlock (energize). No worries there. You guys are spot on with the solenoid. It turns out that you cannot do a good inspection upside down with a crappy penlight in the dark. Who Knew?? Anyway take a look at this pic. Definitely the solenoid. Thanks for all your input guys, I appreciate it. Also, does anyone recommend a better solenoid or should this exact one be good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5828.jpg (79.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #15
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

In your first pic I saw some darker/wet looking plastic and wondered if that was just an angle. Keep us posted. Solenoid in the grand scheme is a cheap part and easy to replace. You might read my latest post, there was some good input about shaving the washer to make a cleaner fit.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #16
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Coop, I found your threads and we are having the exact same issue. I will keep checking those and let me know if the Sol works for you. I won't have mine until Tuesday unless I want to drive the 30 miles to the dealer/shop tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:21 PM   #17
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Look at this post, you may have had the same issue. You can read that entire thread for more context:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...8&postcount=16
Old 10-25-2020, 06:56 PM   #18
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Look at your 2AWG setup too! I recently did the upgrade and look what I did. I hope I didn't &%^$ my controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5835.jpg (99.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #19
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr5018 View Post
Look at your 2AWG setup too! I recently did the upgrade and look what I did. I hope I didn't &%^$ my controller.
Unsure what I'm looking at there, care to elaborate?
Old 10-25-2020, 07:23 PM   #20
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is the positive going from the solenoid to the controller. I have upgraded all wires to 2AWG. When I torqued the positive wire to the controller it turned and pushed against a plug that is right there. Note the little V shape in the red heat shrink. where it pushed against the plug. I am going to check it out in the morning but I think this is where my problems are coming from. There was never a good connection to the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO