lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Navitas 600A RXV Controller vs Curtis 350A

I've read countless posts, particularly with esteemed BobBoyce that show that the Curtis controllers (including 235A) are actually more powerful than the Navitas, of course this requires his wizardry and custom programming, something that unless you're on the East Coast is harder to come by.

Regardless, with my 23" setup and recent issues, I need to move to getting a new controller, and relatively quickly. The Navitas is compelling because:

1. Readily available for <$1,000 compared to the 350A Curtis which is more like $1,500, and none are on sale/second hand right now.

2. OFP is nice especially since when my son gets older, I'd want the ability to limit the speed. Even with some of my friends, being able to put the cart into a reasonable but not outrageous mode has a TON of merit.

3. Bluetooth monitoring is nice for someone who would never buy a handheld

I'm not looking for max performance, I just want reliability. I'm happy with 25-30 mph, not trying to get the most, but I want reliability, I don't want to blow out controller or other parts. I’m guessing there’s no issue of overcurrents and the issues the 23”+235A have with the Navitas?

With all that said, would the Navitas 600A be a good solution for me? I did just put the ACDC 2AWG kit in, and I understand this to be more or less plug and play.
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas 600A RXV Controller vs Curtis 350A

Same boat here. I’d love to have Bob Boyce program mine. I’d even pay well.
But I’ve had no luck making that happen, I’m in Seattle.
So I’m starting to eye that Navitas even though I’ve come to the conclusion it’s not the best and maybe not even super reliable.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermaker View Post
Same boat here. I’d love to have Bob Boyce program mine. I’d even pay well.
But I’ve had no luck making that happen, I’m in Seattle.
So I’m starting to eye that Navitas even though I’ve come to the conclusion it’s not the best and maybe not even super reliable.
I read some of the earlier beta posts, but those were like 2+ years ago. Is there another forum or anywhere else where owners are sharing their results? Do you have any sources regarding the reliability? Maybe they're more popular in the dealer world and not on these forums...
Old 10-26-2020, 09:16 AM   #4
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Why not Alltrax?
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

RXV is AC system, Alltrax doesn't do AC, yet....
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
RXV is AC system, Alltrax doesn't do AC, yet....
I missed that. Too bad
Old 10-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #7
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the suggestions, but yeah choices are more limited here. There's a lot to like on paper about the Navitas 600A including OFP, availability, etc, but few people with RXVs have them. It'd be great to hear from someone who has had one for some time and not rely on a bunch of dated beta posts.

Ideally I can find a Freedom 350A and wait tirelessly for Bob to make it to Texas, but may give the Navitas a try.

That said, I did find someone in Florida selling an FSIP remanufacturerd 350A with a 6 month warranty (which states warranty valid for OEM use, whatever that means). Unclear on the quality of re manufactured ones, would feel better about a new one.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #8
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Can you ship it to Bob?
Old 10-26-2020, 11:20 AM   #9
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob is no longer offering mail in services, you've got to catch him "On Tour". ;)
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:18 PM   #10
Black RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
I read some of the earlier beta posts, but those were like 2+ years ago. Is there another forum or anywhere else where owners are sharing their results? Do you have any sources regarding the reliability? Maybe they're more popular in the dealer world and not on these forums...
DB..I'm as curious as you are with the reliability issues. I have installed several of the Navitas units and the only one that had an issue was a 2019 RXV that we didn't upgrade the solenoid. I went to the contact page on their website and told them I had a 2-8 fault code. They answered back in less than 5 minutes to check the solenoid. After I upgraded the unit to a 48v 400 amp solenoid everything was copacetic.
Black RXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO