lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2020, 07:53 AM   #1
PRGcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default HPD sequencing and EM Brake Missing Faults on RXV

I have replaced about everything I can think of on the cart. It has the Curtis conversion kit. Replaced controller, brake , all switches on pedals, junction box from harness to new harness, gone through all factory wiring splices, straight wired plug under dash to rule out break in connection, the splices at the orange wire and white wire going to the brake are correct. Someone suggested wrong wire was tapped into on break but cart has ran for two years and just stopped. Anyone else have any suggestions on what to try next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PRGcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 08:30 AM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: HPD sequencing and EM Brake Missing Faults on RXV

Have you checked the charge receptacle. I’m not sure how to test it but if the controller thinks the charger is plugged in it won’t run. Make sure the green led on the front of the receptacle isn’t lit when the charger is unplugged.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
Have you checked the charge receptacle. I’m not sure how to test it but if the controller thinks the charger is plugged in it won’t run. Make sure the green led on the front of the receptacle isn’t lit when the charger is unplugged.
Agree. Also, unplug blue wire at chg receptacle and see if voltage to pack negative is greater than 16V. If not, bad receptacle and controller thinks charger is still plugged in.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
PRGcarts
Not Yet Wild

That would give these error codes? Interlock isn’t showing active. Also brake command is always at 100%. Something in the brake wiring it seems.,

PRGcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGcarts View Post
That would give these error codes? Interlock isn’t showing active. Also brake command is always at 100%. Something in the brake wiring it seems.,

I would check the connector at the brake. There is at least one post about someone having loose pins in the connector. If you haven't checked the splices made to convert to the Curtis controller I would check them. I soldered mine since I didn't trust the supplied splices.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:08 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Brake plug is "metripack 150", if that helps.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO