lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2021, 09:25 AM   #1
mnb8max
Not Yet Wild

Default Bucket Harness - Light Kit Troubleshoot - 2007 Precedent

I'm trying to connect the bucket harness (3 connections) to the existing wiring in the club car (also 3 connections). Two of them fit fine. I cannot get the last connection to fit together? Does anyone have any suggestions? The attached pictures illustrate what is going on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (268.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 2.jpg (298.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 3.jpg (80.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 4.jpg (79.3 KB, 0 views)
mnb8max is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bucket Harness - Light Kit Troubleshoot - 2007 Precedent

The 2007 Precedent already has a OEM "bucket harness" (only the 2008.5+ models need a bucket harness), it looks like you are trying to connect two duplicates of the same pedal harness together.

The wires that go to the brake switch are two bullet connectors: +12v input to the brake switch and +12v output from the brake switch.

The quick connector is a negative wire in case you have a timer module to turn the brake lights off in case you engaged the parking brake.

If those wires are part of a new "bucket harness", you will use one of the other set but not connect them to each other.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:22 PM   #3
mnb8max
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. I don't completely understand your response though.

Here is more background. I'm adding a light kit to a 2007 club car precedent that didn't have one previously. The first step is installing the bucket harness. Should I pull out the default wiring that is already in the cart?
Old 01-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

older Precedents come with the bucket harness already, is what Sergio is saying. I'd leave what's there. Do you have to drill holes in the back or are they there already?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
mnb8max
Not Yet Wild

Now I'm really confused.

It looks like there is existing wiring in the cart that rear lights could plug into. However, I need the bucket harness that was provided to connect the front headlights, turn signals, switches, and have everything on the same circuit, correct?

Here is a link to the instructions I'm using. I'm stuck on step 1:3 -

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/...24GaKQBxFhk%3D
Old 01-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I have very limited experience, but I will offer what I can until someone else can give you more. The bucket harness is what goes from the dash to the taillights, and nothing in front of that. There's a separate harness on my wife's '14 from the bucket harness forward, which includes the headlights and turn signals (even though the cart isn't equipped with turn signals). Did your kit come with a forward harness that goes to the horn and headlights? There should be a switch in the mix too.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you already have everything, including the extra (but specific to the phantom body) harness, go ahead and install all the new stuff.

However, those wires you showed don't connect where you are trying to connect them.

Follow the instructions you linked as those wires get routed and connected (near the brake pedal linkage) as indicated in page #5 of your instructions.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #8
mnb8max
Not Yet Wild

Segio/Wakko47-

I'm circling back on this one. You guys were right. My cart did come with an OEM bucket harness. I was also sent a bucket harness with my Double Take Duluxe light kit (head lights, tail light, turn signals, horn). When I simply connect the front light wiring harness to the OEM 12 pin bucket harness (Without any of the lights connected to the front light wiring harness) I blow a fuse.

How is this possible? There isn't a load connected to the light harness that I'm connecting to the OEM bucket harness. Anyways, I tried to connect the new bucket harness that was supplied to support the lights/horn and let the OEM harness power the cart, ignition, and battery light. That part will work when I have the front light harness connected to the new bucket harness. However, the new bucket harness won't power the lights when it's connected like that.

I'm having a hell of a time getting this "plug and play" light kit to work. Suggestions?
Old 02-09-2021, 04:52 AM   #9
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Maybe these 2 videos will help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln-_h89dyw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbPOappVd8
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
Don L
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2009 Precedent and having trouble with Brake Lights using the upgrade kit mentioned in the second link provided on post #9. Headlights work, horn works, but no brake lights or directional lights.

Any ideas?
Don L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bucket, connector, kit, light
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car