lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 club car ds reverse issue

I hear this the best place to get answers. I’ve basically brought this car from the dead so I’ve replaced almost everything including had motor redone by plumquick and happy with it. But my issue is my first f&r switch I bought had a reverse issue which I had to get the lever in the right spot to catch reverse. So I was sent a new replacement. Now this one does not catch reverse either not even playing with the lever. So at this point I though there was some else wrong. So I read a thread on here about a resistor thats connected to the white and black wire that comes out of the 3rd micro switch on the f&r switch. So what I did was removed the resistor and wired up both cables together. Tried the reverse and I’m getting some surge like if it wants to go reverse but doesn’t then it ends up going forward. So is this resistor needed on there just wanna make sure I don’t want to burn anything. I could use any help I can get.
Shooter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2021, 02:53 PM   #2
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 club car ds reverse issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter111 View Post
I hear this the best place to get answers. I’ve basically brought this car from the dead so I’ve replaced almost everything including had motor redone by plumquick and happy with it. But my issue is my first f&r switch I bought had a reverse issue which I had to get the lever in the right spot to catch reverse. So I was sent a new replacement. Now this one does not catch reverse either not even playing with the lever. So at this point I though there was some else wrong. So I read a thread on here about a resistor thats connected to the white and black wire that comes out of the 3rd micro switch on the f&r switch. So what I did was removed the resistor and wired up both cables together. Tried the reverse and I’m getting some surge like if it wants to go reverse but doesn’t then it ends up going forward. So is this resistor needed on there just wanna make sure I don’t want to burn anything. I could use any help I can get.
I have a stock FNR switch of my 03 DS listed in the for sale thread for $50 shipped if you need it. it has the 3 microswitches.
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter111 View Post
You wired what 2 cables together? Exactly what cart and drive system do you have?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:30 AM   #4
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

I wired the black and the white wire together the same way they were but without resistor in the middle. It’s a 97 club car ds series cart.
Shooter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car