lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2021, 09:44 AM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default ID this club car motor (not sure if 2 stroke or even original motor?)

A friend is looking to trade for a cart. Got an offer for this cart. Guy says its original motor. I know nothing about two strokes, is this an old club cart two stroke motor? he wants to stay away from a two stroke and I don't know what this is. Sorry for the bad pics, they are cell phone pictures of crappy printed out pictures.

Any help appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor 1.jpg (68.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor 2.jpg (54.4 KB, 0 views)
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: ID this club car motor (not sure if 2 stroke or even original motor?)

That’s a KF82 motor. 4 stroke. If it runs, then great. If not, I’d price accordingly. Those are getting hard to find parts for
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ID this club car motor (not sure if 2 stroke or even original motor?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
That’s a KF82 motor. 4 stroke. If it runs, then great. If not, I’d price accordingly. Those are getting hard to find parts for
what years were they? My friend wants something simple to work on and find parts for, not a nightmare. had to steer him away from lots of old harley carts and g1s because in my experience they arent fun to source parts for but everyone has one laying around they want too much money for

edit: after reading on the forum, sounds like they are hard to get parts for as people want to buy up all the old motors for the coils / ignitions / etc to have spares. guess i may encourage him to at least get a fe290 for parts availability.

its crazy how expensive carts have gotten in the last 7 months. I sold my DS last july and I'm sure I could get another $500 out of it now
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:49 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
what years were they? My friend wants something simple to work on and find parts for, not a nightmare. had to steer him away from lots of old harley carts and g1s because in my experience they arent fun to source parts for but everyone has one laying around they want too much money for

edit: after reading on the forum, sounds like they are hard to get parts for as people want to buy up all the old motors for the coils / ignitions / etc to have spares. guess i may encourage him to at least get a fe290 for parts availability.

its crazy how expensive carts have gotten in the last 7 months. I sold my DS last july and I'm sure I could get another $500 out of it now
Yeah KF82 is hard to find parts for. It’s worth spending a little more $ for a fe290. I think they used the KF82 up to 1991 or 1992.

However, if he wanted to do a clone swap those older club cars (anything pre 1997) are great because you don’t have the forward/reverse shifter issues the newer ones do.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car