lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
LisaKick
Not Yet Wild

Default Running Hot Under Seat

I’m new the the golf cart world so forgive me if I ask a lot of questions in the future.
I just purchased my gas 2009 Club Car golf cart. The previous owner told me it was governed down so it only gets up to 15 mph. When I drive it several miles down the road it gets really hot under the seat. Hot as to the point you have to move over because it’s too hot on your leg.
As I was driving it home, it kept acting like it was out of gas and was gonna die on me. I just put gas in it so it had a full tank. I would ease up on the gas pedal & push it down and it would get me going again. This happened 3 times.
When I got home I took the seat off to cool the engine down and even after 30 mins. it was still pretty warm.
After researching some things I’m wondering that I’m pushing the pedal down too much to go faster and causing motor burnout.
How do I turn up the govern for it to go faster? Does it sound like it’s motor burnout?
Before started golf cart this morning I watched a video to see how to turn the govern up. I think I did it correctly. Now my gold cart will not start at all. I don’t know if it was from the issue of yesterday and me messing with trying to turn up the govern. HELP!!!
Thank you all for any help you an give me.
LisaKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Running Hot Under Seat

It's an air cooled gas engine with an exhaust pipe running fairly close under the seat. It's is going to generate a fair bit of heat. It sometimes happens that something interferes with air flow through the fins on the engine, under the shrouds: missing or damaged shrouds, rodent nests or other debris clogging the fins, damaged "blades on the fan/flywheel.
The other possibility is an extreme "lean" fuel mix - too much air / not enough gas. Since it sounds like you are having some issues along those lines inspect the fuel system closely. Dirty carburetor, missing air filter, damaged / open air filter box or intake hose, intake leak, restricted fuel lines or filters, fuel pump, even too much slack in the pulse line from the engine block to the fuel pump can cause it.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

And it sounds like you adjusted the governor too far & the wrong way. Tiny movement makes a big difference.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:43 PM   #4
LisaKick
Not Yet Wild

Will governing it too far cause it not to start. I just went and tried to start it again and still nothing. I undid what I did to the govern and still nothing.
Thank you for all your help
LisaKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:57 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does it crank the starter but not catch & run? Yes, it can cause that.
doe sit still have the plastic guard over the carburetor? If so, remove it so you can get at & see the linkage at the carb. Does pushing the gas pedal allow the accelerator cable to open the carb butterfly?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car