lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2021, 07:32 PM   #1
Qadtu
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 club cart gas

I’m new to this forum. I have a 1992 gas club cart and when I take off there is a high chirping noise . When I put it neutral and coast it doesn’t make that noise. Only when you apply gas there is a chirping noise that cuts in and out. Any suggestions
Qadtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1992 club cart gas

Belt loose?
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #3
Qadtu
Not Yet Wild

No it’s not a belt sound. It’s more of a bearing. When I first started driving it after this winter
It would make the chirping sound and bog down the engine. Then after a bit it would only make the sound
Old 03-21-2021, 08:28 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You are the eyes and ears that can see the cart, we can’t do much for sound diagnosis over the internet. Get the rear axle up on jack stands and run the engine and try to track down where the noise is coming from.

Could have a stuck brake lever causing a drum to drag. Rust inside a brake drum will make an awful noise.

Might be a bad bearing in the starter. Remove the belt and see if it spins easily or if it needs effort or feels notchy or rough when spinning.

Belts will make a lot of strange noises. If the belts are old it would be good to replace them. Use only a good quality belt. Cheapie belts on eBay or Amazon will shred in no time.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:17 PM   #5
Qadtu
Not Yet Wild

I removed the clutch on the engine yesterday and the idler bearing was bad. Making a lot of noise and rough when turning. I will check the start bearing to see if it is bad. The belts also need replacing. Thanks for the info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car