lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
tfronczak
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘04 EZGO TXT will not run

I have recently bought a golf cart from an estate sale. The cart did not run and the owner told me that it needs new batteries...so I bought brand new batteries and it will not run. It powers on but will not run. There was not a “click”of the solenoid and the old one looked banged up so I bought a new one, hooked everything up to the new solenoid and still nothing. I called a local EZGO dealer and they told me the forward/reverse switch typically is the problem with those models so I bought a new forward/reverse switch—hooked everything back up and....nothing. But Now when I turn the key, the battery meter by the key will only turn on if it’s in reverse. If I put it in forward the meter goes blank....could be a wiring issue. But I’ve been doing more research and it looks like a faulty reed switch could be the issue...can anybody confirm or if anybody has had some of the same issues—what did you do to fix the golf cart??
tfronczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ‘04 EZGO TXT will not run

If the meter comes on it probably isn’t the reed switch. What cart is this ? Series with the shifter by your leg or fnr switch in the dash?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #3
tfronczak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If the meter comes on it probably isn’t the reed switch. What cart is this ? Series with the shifter by your leg or fnr switch in the dash?
The shifter is by the leg
Old 03-20-2021, 02:07 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here’s a diagram with the activation circuit highlighted
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D6003B58-A61B-4D96-9C90-A8FB586E2831.jpeg (120.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-22-2021, 02:30 PM   #5
tfronczak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Here’s a diagram with the activation circuit highlighted
I’ve completely ran all the wires correctly from the diagram above and I’m still not getting anything. No clicks at the solenoid when I turn the key. I have power in forward (per the battery meter) but as soon as I put it in reverse the power shuts off (per battery meter) but still does not run.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Put your volt meter negative on pack negative and then with the positive lead of your meter chase the above diagram for your failure.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:03 PM   #7
tfronczak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Put your volt meter negative on pack negative and then with the positive lead of your meter chase the above diagram for your failure.
I've figured out the issue (kinda)...It was the accelerator micro switch that was busted up. Replaced and hooked all wires back up and got the golf cart to go forward but will not go in reverse. Switched S1 and S2 at the motor and it would go in reverse and not forward. Controller maybe?? hope there is another (cheap) fix like the micro switch LOL
Old 03-22-2021, 09:43 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Controller does not know forward or reverse on this cart. That is all done with the FnR switch. Does the solenoid click in reverse? If not look at your new switch..

Tags
36v, ezgo, ezgo txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO