lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
jbax
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 EZGO TXT 36v to 48v Conversion

Hi all. I recently acquired a 2006 EXGO TXT with 3-4 year old Trojan T-105s. I decided to convert the cart and started with the package from ScottyB with the XCT500PDS-FN package paired with a new Admiral MOT-B2 that Scotty mapped to. I got everything installed initially still using the old T-105 36v pack and the cart ran fine for several days. The performance was much better but still struggled with some of the hills in our neighborhood so I ordered new Trojan T-875s to complete the conversion. Once installed my cart has not moved since. I no longer hear the solenoid click and when I hookup the PC or use the app with Bluetooth I have a Global Shutdown error and the two errors are the high and low throttle input range.

I have confirmed with voltmeter that the pack is 51v probing the B- and B+. Probing B- to each post large and small on the solenoid is 51v. I probed the black and white wires to the ITS from the controller and they are 1.5v when pedal is up or down. I then checked the micro switch from the controller and I get 51v when pedal is up and 0v when down. I am at a loss since everything worked great on the 36v setup and only thing different is new 48v setup. Anything else I need to measure?
jbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZGO TXT 36v to 48v Conversion

Measure between the black and white wires to the ITS sensor while they are connected to the controller.

You should get 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

Also, what is the Overvoltage slider set to (should be 62V or whatever the max voltage is)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #3
jbax
Not Yet Wild

I get 1.5v when pedal is up or down. I have Keyswitch On Voltage at 24v, Undervoltage at 38v and Overboltage at 62v.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbax View Post
I get 1.5v when pedal is up or down. I have Keyswitch On Voltage at 24v, Undervoltage at 38v and Overboltage at 62v.
If you are only getting 1.5V between the black and white wires on J-5 when it is plugged into the controller, that is the reason for the High Pedal Under Volt error and Global Shutdown.

Disconnect the black and white wires at the ITS sensor in the pedal box and measure between the disconnected wire (other ends still connected to controller). If you don't get something above 10V, check voltage at the controller end and if it is still below 10V, call Alltrax.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:47 PM   #5
jbax
Not Yet Wild

I am getting 1.5v on the controller where the white and black wires plug into so is my controller already bad? I will call Alltrax tomorrow but thanks for the help.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbax View Post
I am getting 1.5v on the controller where the white and black wires plug into so is my controller already bad? I will call Alltrax tomorrow but thanks for the help.
Alltrax controllers use a constant current source to feed the ITS sensor, So the voltage between J4 Pins 3 & 4 decreases as the impedance of the ITS sensor decreases.

Having only 1.5V between Pins 3 & 4 indicates there is a partial short between the black and white wires, or the controller is bad.

Try measuring the voltage between 3 & 4 with the cable unplugged from the jack.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:40 PM   #7
jbax
Not Yet Wild

Got it resolved after going through some steps with Alltrax. We did a continuity test and all internal connections were good. We then moved to testing the two red wires on the 10 pin connector and found 51v on the outer most wire and 34v on the inner. These should both be the voltage of the battery pack. We knew from this the wire for the reed switch was the culprit. I had also upgraded my charger to a Lester Summit II 650w on-board charger. I had incorrectly connected the blue wire meant for Club Car QD to the red wire for the reed switch. This was causing the pin in the 10 pin connector to have 34v. Simply unplugged those two and wired the reed switch wire to B+ and back in business. Just wanted to share in case someone were to do the same.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO