lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
ccminator
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2000.5 FE290 on and off

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I have done some reading and although some symptoms are similar, I have not found anything that is exactly the same. (maybe I need to look harder)... anyway, Allot of great information on here!

My question/problem.... My CC FE290 cuts off and on at full throttle... it runs great up to a certain speed, then if you try to speed up (full throttle) it cuts in and out continuously. I already installed a complete tune up kit which included both fuel filters, oil filter and new oil, new plug, and new air filter. It did not change anything. Any ideas? is it the rev limiter? it will not run consistently at full throttle. As far as I know, nothing has been modified. Thanks! Paul
ccminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 2000.5 FE290 on and off

Welcome Paul!
It sounds like it is bouncing off of the rev limiter. Do you have any idea how fast it will run?
If it is faster than 12-14mph someone has adjusted the governor up a little to high and it just needs to be backed off some.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
ccminator
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Crash... Makes perfect sense. I will try it out tomorrow to see what happens... watching the revs carefully of course. I have seen many threads on here about attaching a tach to view the revs... some say automotive, some say mini tachs(not sure what that is), etc. Thing is, I am very familiar with automotive tachs... but there are differences between 4, 6, and 8 cylinder tachs... Does anyone know what tach I am suppposed to use for the CC FE290? If there is a permanent mini tach I can buy for this cart... what is it and where do I get it? Thanks again!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

automotive is a 4inch dia gauge, mini tach 2 inch gauge, they try to keep it simple!as far as wht i know about the gauges, is the swith in the back you put it on your selected number of cylinders. since as you know the 4 runs faster then the 8. go to mikes web site, he pretty good on his stuff. i here most people grab a gps, and take it for a ride for the mph thing. me if im moving on four wheels, its better then my lpc's, thats my leather personel carriers! or boots.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you back the throttle down off of the limiter you won't need a tach.
Most people running tachs do so because they disconnect the rev limiter and run the rpms higher than suggested.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
ccminator
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It was the rev limiter. I disconnected the ground and problem solved. I will be careful not to run at full throttle, although with the govenor still on it, it does not seem to be over revving. If is was to "adjust" the throttle so it does not hit the limiter, how does one do that? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
CCDriver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Check this site out for tachometers [URL="http://www.tinytach.com"]. That's what alot of guys seem to be running, altough I don't have one....yet!
CCDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car