lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #11
modgas
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO 26984 Total Charge III NEW PROBLEM

I have 3 Red Hawk boards for the total charge and they all will not shut off so I put a Nivel board in and works perfect. I must have got a bad batch from Red Hawk. Hope this helps.
modgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FYI 38.1 is not a full charge. You have 1 battery which by the voltmeter is half a volt below the best. I would check the SG on this and the other batteries. May be that that battery is beginning to have a problem as well.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #13
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by modgas View Post
I have 3 Red Hawk boards for the total charge and they all will not shut off so I put a Nivel board in and works perfect. I must have got a bad batch from Red Hawk. Hope this helps.
That what what I suspected. I'll try a different board and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!
jeepwm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #14
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
FYI 38.1 is not a full charge. You have 1 battery which by the voltmeter is half a volt below the best. I would check the SG on this and the other batteries. May be that that battery is beginning to have a problem as well.

The set of batts listed above is the older of two sets I have. I swapped the newer set (2 years, and probably only used around 30 rounds of golf) and the charger still did the same thing.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwm69 View Post
The set of batts listed above is the older of two sets I have. I swapped the newer set (2 years, and probably only used around 30 rounds of golf) and the charger still did the same thing.

Thanks for the input.
Anytime, Jeep
P.S. If the problem persists, remember. There is more to a battery than the date sticker
Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Anytime, Jeep
P.S. If the problem persists, remember. There is more to a battery than the date sticker
Yeah, I know. If I didn't have another Total Charge charger that works fine with both banks of batteries I wouldn't be so convinced that it's a charger issue.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #17
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by modgas View Post

Bought a Nivel board today. I'll update after I get it in and see if it works.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #18
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Bought a Nivel board today. I'll update after I get it in and see if it works.
Yeah, so I ordered a board from Buggies Unlimited, and they quickly charged my credit card, and shipped me.....a voltage regulator of some sort. I immediately called, got an RA, and the incorrect part was back in their hands in 3 days.

So three weeks have passed and still no board. I've called about once a week, and keep getting "we're backed up right now" and last week the guy actually told me that it had shipped and would be here last Friday. Friday came and went, and no board.

Called this morning and got the same old "sorry, we're backed up. Your order is in processing" I'm fed up with this. THEY screwed up my order, and now apparently I'm at the back of the line for getting a board shipped out to me. In the meantime I've got a cart that I can't use, right in prime golfing weather.

I told the woman I talked to today that if they couldn't ship the board out TODAY, to refund my charge on my credit card and I'd buy the part elsewhere. I also told her that if they couldn't fill the order, and I didn't have an email confirmation TODAY saying that the order was cancelled, I WOULD be initiating a chargeback with my credit card company.

I know these things happen, but the fact that one of their employees last week LIED to me about the part having already shipped really irks me.

Rediculous. For the last 8 years I have been a supervisor for 30+ retail golf shops and if WE screwed something up like this we next-day ship the right part to the customer at OUR expense. Really, really piss poor service here.

Anybody know of another source where I can get a Nivel or OEM board? Found lots of places that sell boards, but nobody lists the manufacturer.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #19
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yeah, so I ordered a board from Buggies Unlimited, and they quickly charged my credit card, and shipped me.....a voltage regulator of some sort. I immediately called, got an RA, and the incorrect part was back in their hands in 3 days.

So three weeks have passed and still no board. I've called about once a week, and keep getting "we're backed up right now" and last week the guy actually told me that it had shipped and would be here last Friday. Friday came and went, and no board.

Called this morning and got the same old "sorry, we're backed up. Your order is in processing" I'm fed up with this. THEY screwed up my order, and now apparently I'm at the back of the line for getting a board shipped out to me. In the meantime I've got a cart that I can't use, right in prime golfing weather.

I told the woman I talked to today that if they couldn't ship the board out TODAY, to refund my charge on my credit card and I'd buy the part elsewhere. I also told her that if they couldn't fill the order, and I didn't have an email confirmation TODAY saying that the order was cancelled, I WOULD be initiating a chargeback with my credit card company.

I know these things happen, but the fact that one of their employees last week LIED to me about the part having already shipped really irks me.

Rediculous. For the last 8 years I have been a supervisor for 30+ retail golf shops and if WE screwed something up like this we next-day ship the right part to the customer at OUR expense. Really, really piss poor service here.

Anybody know of another source where I can get a Nivel or OEM board? Found lots of places that sell boards, but nobody lists the manufacturer.
The CS rep I talked to yesterday "Peggy" called me back yesterday afternoon and said the board was going to ship before the end of the day. Got a tracking # this morning so she held true to her word.
Hopefully will get it installed before the weekend so I can play golf.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I guess the moral of the story is ........ Don't order stuff from BU ? Nivel boards are readily available from any one of the BGW sponsors.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO