lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: pulling secondary sheeve apart

You'll see a big difference with the torque kit on a lifted cart unless you don't install correctly or have a problem with your drive clutch. Whatever you do just be safe with the torque kit installation. That spring has a lot of tention and can be dangerous when compressing. I usually use two ratchet staps, one on top of the shaft and one below, for safety purposes. If that thing breaks loose after it is compressed, you DON'T want to be anywhere in front of it. Also, if you don't compress the spring before reinstalling the outer sheave, you run a risk of not hitting the half moon key correctly on the shaft thus misaligning or not completly installing the outer sheave. Which, can cause it to spin free or damage something.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

hey does anyone really know about the ramps themselves.. mine are all kinda chipped a bit i was just going to clean them up with a grinder.. i dont see where there are talking about a ramp to measure... does anyone have a good pic of new ones....
consalvo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

do you mean they are missing plastic ramp shoes? they go on the helix and act like bushings. you should have no metal to metal contact.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

here is a pic of what your driven should look like. this is off my g9 and has the torque kit installed and new ramp shoes. you'd be supprised the difference new ramp shoes will make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart new ramp shoes.jpg (82.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #15
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

ok cool well pulled everything apart and need some stuff. i have zero ramp shoes and also the sliding bushing is tore all up so need both of those.. who do you all recomend...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

check the site sponcers they should have np hooking you up!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

ok well i ordered everything in now, new shoes and seals and everything else should be here this week. **** i hope at least seems like everything i tear off is messed up lol.... Hope going backtogether is simples... does anyone really know how to tell if the front clutch is good or not. I have not even messed with that but i think i should since everything is apart... Ps man when i pulled that sheeth off **** the other came flying at me lol made for an exciting few seconds in my garage... so be careful with that **** thing.. and i only had metal to metal contact. the ramps themselves were all chewed up so i will grind them down and put the shoes on... the sheeths were or going to have to stone them a bit because of some burs on them.. project is going ok....
Old 12-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

glad to hear it
Old 12-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #19
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

Hey does anyone know about a small plastic key that actually turns on the fuel pump, it makes the pump start running when the key is on and i lost the **** thing... Does anyone have the same set up.. consalvo
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #20
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

can you post a pic? not sure of what your talking about.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha