lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #21
RCDART
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: removing govner on g1

Cool thanks for the info.
RCDART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #22
RCDART
Not Yet Wild

Will removing the gov give it more power or does it only affect speed?
RCDART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Just drill the flat out of the arm so it spins on the shaft. All I did was get a throttle return spring for a car (like for a holley carb/etc) and hook it to return since they don't return as well with no governor, and hook it down below it. The spring will then return it and keep it from lifting up. The throttle spring does not apply a lot of force, you don't want that it will tear up your throttle cable in short time. I forget where I hooked it on, did the same thing to my G9 but it is different in there.

It should get full power from a dead stop and the governor should only kick in at speed it works at. So no it should not make more power, but it should go a lot faster. If you do some mods quite a bit faster I know the ones I ran were over 30 with stock 18" turf tires. The fastest one had a decked head, advanced timing, I sanded the top of the exhaust port by hand, adjusted the clutch some, I forget what else but it was all stock aside from things like that. Had a gravel/dirt drive around the building and I could powerslide it all the way around nonstop, maybe 50' long building. Oh, and I set up a ramp once and jumped another G1 with it....a small ramp lol and flew like 20' or better. Way too much fun.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #24
gcroz
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

so is the exhsaust butterfly all the way open all the way to the left (drivers side) or all the way to the right (passenger side)?
gcroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

When the throttle is full open the exhaust valve is open. You can tell by the sound it is muffled when closed.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #26
gcroz
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I guess that was an easy answer. I should have thought of that myself. You see my linkage has been removed to the exhaust butterfly so i couldnt tell which way is wide open. I will repost on here when i discover if its to the left or to the right so that question will be answered for all. Thanks for the obvious answer. Two heads are always better than one.
gcroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
Lawn Dart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
If you do some mods quite a bit faster I know the ones I ran were over 30 with stock 18" turf tires. The fastest one had a decked head, advanced timing, I sanded the top of the exhaust port by hand, adjusted the clutch some, I forget what else but it was all stock aside from things like that. Had a gravel/dirt drive around the building and I could powerslide it all the way around nonstop, maybe 50' long building. Oh, and I set up a ramp once and jumped another G1 with it....a small ramp lol and flew like 20' or better. Way too much fun.
We need to hang out. lol
Lawn Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Dart View Post
We need to hang out. lol
My cart stories are endless. One time on Christmas day we got a couple out and took a ride around the neighborhood. So we end up miles away at a lake and go across the lake spinning sideways all the way. The people that lived on the lake must have been dying with laughter. It was 35F or something, but nice and sunny out. So the other guy hit something frozen in the snow and blew the bead on the rim and I had to push them all the way back. We got back and I see it was leaving a black rubber mark down the middle of the road, I could smell the rubber burning. I don't know how I stayed on the cart that day I was laughing so hard most of the time. Fortunately all those carts got traded in a few weeks later. We had some hills that dropped off like a cliff and we used to drive off them at top speed. I don't recommend that, but sure was fun at the time. I guess I'm a little more mellow these days. I never did break a cart with all the stuff we did. I can tell you if you do a big jump you need to land standing up. We were good at riding standing because we had to move carts sometimes and the seats would be wet. Just don't land on that metal bar whatever you do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha