lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
spook1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 4000 RPMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyotrain View Post
I had a ? posted but seemed to get lost when they updated the site.. so the ? is if i unhook my rev. limiter and keep my motor around 4000 RPMs is the going to shorten my motor life or do guys do this and still get years of run time on them.. thank u... reason why i ask i have 96 cc runs great just so slow around 8 to 10 mph would like just a bit more if it wont hurt the motor any... thank you all for your time.
I just put a new gas engine on mine and I get the same results. Have you corrected it yet? Is ti the gears?
spook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

You should be fine at 4000!! 4200-4400 MAX!!!!!!! You can run 4000 all day long... make sure to use a good synthetic oil and change oil when its due!!!
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Mellow Buggie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So are you guys saying you can adjust the rev. limiter? And if so how.
Mellow Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #14
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

if you can adjust the rev limiter, do that. but leave it on. over reving your motor will toast it pretty fast. if you are in high revs and your carts starts backfiring you are putting your expensive motor in danger. the danger is that over reving cause your cart to stumble and backfire.......this cause stress on the head and cylinder. the hot gases need somewhere to go, they start making their own path by burning groves in you head and cylinder. then your motor becomes unbuildableand is worth nothing..... i know all about this because this is what my teenage son did to my cart. a new motor for it : 2800.00-3400.00 dpending on who, and where you buy it from. instead i bought a honda clone.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The rev limiters are not adjustable on the Club Cars.
If you just want a little more speed than what you posted then leave the limiter on and check this out.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #16
spook1
Not Yet Wild

I have the engine worked out. My problem is find a torque converter set up for my needs. my engine has a 1" shaft and the differential shaft is 7/8". right now i'm just using trial and error on set ups can anyone help me out.
spook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #17
Mellow Buggie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandrew View Post
if you can adjust the rev limiter, do that. but leave it on. over reving your motor will toast it pretty fast. if you are in high revs and your carts starts backfiring you are putting your expensive motor in danger. the danger is that over reving cause your cart to stumble and backfire.......this cause stress on the head and cylinder. the hot gases need somewhere to go, they start making their own path by burning groves in you head and cylinder. then your motor becomes unbuildableand is worth nothing..... i know all about this because this is what my teenage son did to my cart. a new motor for it : 2800.00-3400.00 dpending on who, and where you buy it from. instead i bought a honda clone.
O.K. so I checked the accelarator rod like the speeding up sticky said. But it appears to be bent, not sure if thats the way it should be. So I left it alone and just zip tied the spring. I have more speed but the engine get up to the rev. limiter end and cuts out normal since I haven't disconnected it. It also backfires mostly when I come to a stop and restart. I was contributing that to bad gas added sea foam. Is it possible trhat it is more than that.
I put new belts on tuned it up new oil and filter during winter down time.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #18
backwoodboys11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

my cart with 22 inch tires,i will run it all day at wide open throttle with no problems.i adjusted the linkage and did the ole zip tie trick.its been like that now over a year and it runs around 22 to 24 mph with no problems so far.
you can buy a tach/hour meter off of ebay. i think i won one for 12.00 shipped to me,i got it on my mule and im gonna get another one for my cart.
backwoodboys11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #19
Mellow Buggie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Back woods did you disconnect your rev. limiter?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #20
backwoodboys11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yes, i dont rev it in neutral but ill run it wide open under a load
backwoodboys11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car