lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 4000 RPMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Buggie View Post
O.K. so I checked the accelarator rod like the speeding up sticky said. But it appears to be bent, not sure if thats the way it should be. So I left it alone and just zip tied the spring. I have more speed but the engine get up to the rev. limiter end and cuts out normal since I haven't disconnected it. It also backfires mostly when I come to a stop and restart. I was contributing that to bad gas added sea foam. Is it possible trhat it is more than that.
I put new belts on tuned it up new oil and filter during winter down time.
Make sure your throttle plate in the carb is closing all the way when off the pedal, if is not it will backfire as you describe.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
Mellow Buggie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure crash. And wont be able to check until labor day weekend. I took the cart to camp on sat. and thats when I noticed it. I will have more time to mess with it then. Would spraying some carb cleaner in there do the trick or should i try to clean it better if thats what it is?
Mellow Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #23
crash12888
Gone Crazy

As far as the backfiring goes carb cleaner won't help, just need to get the throttle to close 100% when off the pedal.
Unscrew the throttle arm stop screw and adjust the linkage so the throttle arm closes until the butterfly plate stops it from closing any further, then screw stop screw in until it touches the arm and then 1/8 turn more just to unload the pressure off of the throttle plate.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #24
50 cal
Not Yet Wild

In my experience it will make it shorter than if you keep it at 26-2700 but if you are worried about speed gear it higher
50 cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #25
BmW745On19's
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
i have heard that the rev liimter is set to kick in around 3600 rpm. i can not get a stright answer out of this one either.
My Club Car (official) maintenance book says a Carryall I should have it limited at 2860 RPM (traveling 12-15 MPH) and the Carryall II should be 3200 RPM (traveling 14-16 MPH).
BmW745On19's is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car