lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Brandon T.
Not Yet Wild

Default looking at an ezgo

Hello guys, i'm looking at an ezgo and wonding what the year model is and what system it is.
Product date says 09-02-04
The forward-reverse switch is on the dash and I didn't see a tow-run switch under the seat at all. Any ideas???
Brandon T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
goofymaz
Gone Wild

Default Re: looking at an ezgo

whats it say on the id tag in the glove box?

usually the last 2 numbers are the year! with a switch on the dash my guess is its a 2001 or newer but im no expert!
goofymaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Brandon T.
Not Yet Wild

I can't get any pics today. I'm looking to buy it, but kinda want to know what it is first. I'll go by and look tomorrow and try to get some pics.
The ID tag wasn't under the dash it was under the passenger seat.
Aren't they all suppose to have a tow/run switch???
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome

no all of them do not have a tow/ run switch---

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you verify the year and tell us which one of the three drive systems you have?

The last 2 numbers of the manufactures code is the year, located inside the passenger side glove box, the 2004 and newer ezgos dont have a serial number plate in the box, they have a serial number sticker under the rear access panel behind the seat, and then on the driverside frame rail below the floor board.

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch with toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
goofymaz
Gone Wild

sounds to me like you have yourself an 04 pds cart which i would say yippppppeeeeee how much the guy asking for it?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Once you decide what the cart is (PDS or Series), what is your plans for it ?

The reason I ask is some here (and in the golf cart world) think that it is a bad idea to lift a PDS model, so you would be better off with a series cart. I personally think it is ok to lift either with big tires and back seat, but it is gonna cost you $400-$500 more on a PDS because you'll have to replace the controller sooner than later. This isn't a big deal because most folks end up doing this in the long run because they want better performance.

If it is a '06 or older with original batteries, be prepared to spend $600-$700 for new ones fairly soon. 3 1/2 years is about all they will last if the carts were part of a fleet used on a golf course due to how most are maintained.

By the way,
My cart is a lifted '05 PDS and I have replaced the Batteries, all the cables and the controller. I did this all within 4 months of buying it in '08.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
Brandon T.
Not Yet Wild

I think I can get it for around 200. It needs new batteries and the hood has a crack in it. The kicker on the deal is he has a trailer with it and wants to sell it with the cart. I don't need a trailer cuz I already have 1. Dunno what i'm gonna do right now.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
goofymaz
Gone Wild

where do you live? i bet someone on here including myself would be interested in that trailer possibly!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO