lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Power falls off...

Hello everyone, new owner here...

I've got a '96 TXT and I noticed that if you step on it, it accelerates well then it starts to slow a bit. Once you let off the throttle a little, it pick's up speed again.... Any idea's?
JimXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Power falls off...

Sounds like your governor is what your experiencing. Good get up until you top out and it drags you back to the gov. setting. Does that sound right?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Correct...after I talked to the EZGO dealer right near the house he said that was normal for Gas Carts. (he said not to tweak the Gov. at first, then admitted a little would'nt hurt) I cranked the knob in a few turns then and VIOLA! no more loosing power.

Top speed is 18-19 mph with 20" tires and not even close to sounding like the engine is really working hard. It's not like I plan on driving it all out every time I drive it either...
Old 06-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I figured this is what your prob. was.... My 98 cruises around 19 flat but I have gotten her up to 27 on stock parts. A word of advice though, gov. experimenting will certainly shorten the life of the engine so take it easy. Not to mention be careful out there with the added speeeeeeeeeeddddd!!!!!!!!!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
I figured this is what your prob. was.... My 98 cruises around 19 flat but I have gotten her up to 27 on stock parts. A word of advice though, gov. experimenting will certainly shorten the life of the engine so take it easy. Not to mention be careful out there with the added speeeeeeeeeeddddd!!!!!!!!!!
I'm done with the governor...all I wanted to do was remove the "slow down"

The next thing I will do is probably turn it back to the point where I just remove the slowing down part.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO