lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What is the angle of the front spindle?

What is the angle of the front spindle? I'm redoing the frontend that the kiddos raped around a tree. I think its called camber.
dutdut1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is the angle of the front spindle?

WHAT IS CAMBER?

Camber is the angle of the wheel relative to vertical, as viewed from the front or the rear of the car. If the wheel leans in towards the chassis, it has negative camber; if it leans away from the car, it has positive camber (see next page). The cornering force that a tire can develop is highly dependent on its angle relative to the road surface, and so wheel camber has a major effect on the road holding of a car. It's interesting to note that a tire develops its maximum cornering force at a small negative camber angle, typically around neg. 1/2 degree. This fact is due to the contribution of camber thrust, which is an additional lateral force generated by elastic deformation as the tread rubber pulls through the tire/road interface (the contact patch).

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I may not be asking the right question. The spindel is about 10 to 15 deg off on a stock ezgo to allow the wheel to be streight. what is the correct angle to cut my tube /------\
Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutdut1981 View Post
I may not be asking the right question. The spindel is about 10 to 15 deg off on a stock ezgo to allow the wheel to be streight. what is the correct angle to cut my tube /------\
My 88 Marathon measures 6 degrees for that angle.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post
My 88 Marathon measures 6 degrees for that angle.
He has a TXT I believe.... based on the sig on his posts.

The cost of a new Front Axle for that car is under $100. The cost to replace the tires from wear damage if you don't get that allignment set up right after building a homemade axle will exceed that by quite a bit.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
He has a TXT I believe.... based on the sig on his posts.

The cost of a new Front Axle for that car is under $100. The cost to replace the tires from wear damage if you don't get that allignment set up right after building a homemade axle will exceed that by quite a bit.....
I for one would never consider buying a new front axle if I thought I could make one as good or better myself. There is a certain satisfaction when you can fabricate your own parts, or do your own body and paint work. Also, that $100 can then be used to buy something you can't make, such as a tire or some headlamps or some new upholstery material for a seat cover!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

awesome, thanks man the 6 degrees sounds right but I'll keep yall posted. FYI the cart has a 8" lift on it so I can't just buy a stock one. The reason I have a cart is to build it like I want, as soon as the project is done, is off to the next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3088.jpg (183.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutdut1981 View Post
awesome, thanks man the 6 degrees sounds right but I'll keep yall posted. FYI the cart has a 8" lift on it so I can't just buy a stock one. The reason I have a cart is to build it like I want, as soon as the project is done, is off to the next.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO