lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller life span

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I have recently worked on a 1991 that still has the original controller and I have seen them literally PUSH a cart on the trailer at the factory to deliver it to a customer only to find the controller was bad right off the line....

I think there are different opinions out there. Personally I think you are fine to creep a solid state cart around (assuming the only load is you and your wife/child).

Can you give us some information on that 51A motor, I have never heard of it, nor does Google give any data on it.

Rabbit, went to D&D website, it does not show the 51A motor, it may have been a test motor that he got from them, but here is a link to the information.
http://www.ddmotorsystems.com/GolfCartMotorPage.php
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Rabbit, went to D&D website, it does not show the 51A motor, it may have been a test motor that he got from them, but here is a link to the information.
http://www.ddmotorsystems.com/GolfCartMotorPage.php
I know. I checked their site first. That's why I am trying to get someinformation from him regarding that particular motor.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I know from time to time they will sell motors that are in production but are considered test motors yet, I know the ES-52 falls into that catagory, I have used it, real torque little motor with some speed on a TXT cart, but I have not dealt with a 51A
Old 06-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #14
trav122
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies! I'm guessing that the motor I've got, which is 4 years old now is very similar to the ES-52-26. My paperwork lists the motor as HP-ES-51A-41. I wish I could provide more info on that for you. I didn't select it...the dealer in San Antonio, which is a well established and a huge company at that, put the controller/motor combo together for me after I returned the stock cart to them. They've been very helpful so far, but I'm planning on giving them a call tomorrow to see if they are willing to help me out on the controller, since I did buy it from them. I checked the d and d motor system site also and didn't see anything about it. That stinks! I do remember them telling me though that is was a speed and torque motor.

Last edited by trav122; 06-22-2010 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: grammar errors /clarity
trav122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
trav122
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Good to meet you LostHusker! I actually lived in SA, and commuted to Castroville for over a year to work, but that was back in the late 80's. It was pretty cool...and enjoyed my time in you area!

Thanks for helping me out on this. I've learned a lot about how these carts work in the last week or so....something that I've been meaning to do for awhile!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #16
trav122
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

A fellow cartaholic in the neighborhood has his spare stock controller just sitting collecting dust, so I borrowed it tonight and am planning on swaping controllers tomorrow just to see it I was right. Just want to reconfirm before shelling out the $$. I know the performance won't be there, I just want it to go forward and back up!! I'm having withdrawals!

Somebody mentioned ebay....any concerns there? I know i LIKED the price!~
Old 06-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #17
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav122 View Post
A fellow cartaholic in the neighborhood has his spare stock controller just sitting collecting dust, so I borrowed it tonight and am planning on swaping controllers tomorrow just to see it I was right. Just want to reconfirm before shelling out the $$. I know the performance won't be there, I just want it to go forward and back up!! I'm having withdrawals!

Somebody mentioned ebay....any concerns there? I know i LIKED the price!~
A spare stock PDS controller will not stand up to the requirement of the motor from D&D, it may work for just a little bit, but it will not last. Aftermarket motors require more power than what a stock controller can provide. Yes I know what company you talk of, I prefer not to buy from them.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #18
trav122
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't want to screw up his spare so is that not a good idea just for testing purposes? His cart is older and is a series also. I'm not planning on driving around for a couple of days....I just want to confirm that it is the controller.

So what controller would you suggest? Mine is a series cart, non-pds. AXE 4855? kinda confused on this.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Sorry about that, for some reason, thought you had a PDS cart, another AXE 4855 would be a good replacement. I would be very leery of testing with a stock unit.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #20
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I found I had a bad habit of resting my foot on the accelerator, even when I was stopped. This is bad on the controller. Or holding it stopped on a hill with the accelerator.
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO