lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
sqhurt
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 Club Car Top End Rebuild

First off have to say what a great site you have here. Second I have a 89 club car with the kf82 4 stroke gas motor I'm trying to fix up for my grandmother. The cart belonged to my cousin which had been driving it when the seat came off some an somehow broke the spark plug. While trying to get the plug out with no luck he decided to tap it out, an in doing so he drilled into the exhaust valve. When turning the motor over by hand the piston an intake valve moves freely but exhaust doesn't want to. So my question is how do i proceed to remove the valve? I've got the flat head off but not quit sure if there is a quick an easy way to get the valve out. I do have some background in working with motors but not so much small engine so before I go ripping into it I just want to make sure. Also if there is any good site you guys/gals recommend for parts such as valves an gasket that also would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
sqhurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 Club Car Top End Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqhurt View Post
First off have to say what a great site you have here. Second I have a 89 club car with the kf82 4 stroke gas motor I'm trying to fix up for my grandmother. The cart belonged to my cousin which had been driving it when the seat came off some an somehow broke the spark plug. While trying to get the plug out with no luck he decided to tap it out, an in doing so he drilled into the exhaust valve. When turning the motor over by hand the piston an intake valve moves freely but exhaust doesn't want to. So my question is how do i proceed to remove the valve? I've got the flat head off but not quit sure if there is a quick an easy way to get the valve out. I do have some background in working with motors but not so much small engine so before I go ripping into it I just want to make sure. Also if there is any good site you guys/gals recommend for parts such as valves an gasket that also would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Good grief, do you live in Arkansas by any chance ?
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome squirt First. We need a restraining order against your cousin in relation to the golf cart, any golf cart for that matter

The little flathead houses the valves in the block. You will need to remove the motor from the cart and split the case in order to access the valve springs & retainers as I recall. I have a set of new valves and I think I can get you a case gasket.... cheap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2671.jpg (113.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2675.jpg (111.8 KB, 27 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
sqhurt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Good grief, do you live in Arkansas by any chance ?
Lol no Ohio but that may be just the same
Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
sqhurt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Welcome squirt First. We need a restraining order against your cousin in relation to the golf cart, any golf cart for that matter

The little flathead houses the valves in the block. You will need to remove the motor from the cart and split the case in order to access the valve springs & retainers as I recall. I have a set of new valves and I think I can get you a case gasket.... cheap
Thanks scottyb, I'm not able to pm so if ya could pm me with price an such that would be great. Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
sqhurt
Not Yet Wild

A few more things I know I will need is the flathead bolts,fuelpump an head gasket if you happen to have any of those as well. Just shoot me a pm an let me know, once again thanks an what a great useful site.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

small cover plate on side of motor remove cover and there are the springs an keeper's to remove them it is easier with the motor out.
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I bought a cart with the KF82 in a box and a rebuild kit, including new valves which the motor did not need ... pm on the way soon.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
Deceptive
Not Yet Wild

Hey there little interjection here

New to working on these engines and doing a lot of reading anc came across this post

Working on a 86 flathead that has a slight bent exhaust valve that does not seat properly. 30 lbs compression and also once i pulled it out and looked around inside, I see a piece of the oil direction plate has broken off inside the lower end.(common problem) Cleaned that out and know I am also noticing come piston slap on the cam and noticeable filings on the outer edges where it bolts to the cam .

So all that being said, you said you had or have a rebuild kit for the kf82.... do you still have or ??? I may still need a cam , but I am not sure until I get the clutch off and pull the side and get the piston arm off.

I dont see any bearing listed for the piston arm itself where it bolts to the cam , so I assume it has them built in or inst required.

Any if you have would be great and hope I can get a line on that possibly

Thanks
Deceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car