lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
digdug
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help wiring marathon headlight kit from Buggies Unlimited

As is typically the case, I purchased the front cowl and headlight kit from Buggies Unlimited and the directions absolutely suck. I wired the system the way I was told (I think) and it isn't working. I tried to wire to a three prong toggle switch in unison with my tail lights. When I turn on the switch the taillights are working but not the marker lights or the headlights. The harness it came with has two components. There is a section that picks up the black and yellow wires going to both the headlights and marker lights. Then, about half way down a red wire is coming out the other end. So .... I start with a black and yellow wire at the top, then at the other end a black and red wire come out. Remember, I have a 3 pole toggle switch ....

So, I grounded the switch to a negative, I wired the black into the toggle switch, then the red to another negative pole. Could it be possible these are 36v lights and I'm not pumping out enough?

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong??!!

Thanks,
~dig
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Help wiring marathon headlight kit from Buggies Unlimited

Check and see with a volt ohm meter if the third wire is ground for the bulb sockets.
Do not ground to the chassis.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

They will be a 12V system, it is not a 36V system, did the light kit not come with a switch?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
digdug
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
They will be a 12V system, it is not a 36V system, did the light kit not come with a switch?
It did, but it was the pull out kind. I wanted a toggle that matched the one I use for my LED's. It's a 12v switch so I wouldn't think it would make a diff. Not sure though.

~dig
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

waht are the 2 colors of wiring that the directions say are supposed to be connected to the stock push/pull switch? you would wire a 12 volt ground to the ground tap of your LED switch and the 2 that should have been on the push pull to the supply and load taps of the LED switch. Not sure if the directions that come with the kit are clear as to which color is supply and which is load, but you shouldn't have a problem figuring out which is which if they aren't labeled.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO