lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
JMA1181
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lights draining battery?

I have a 97 TXT, we have ran it for close to a month with no issues with the battery as it was just replaced. We installed the light kit, with headlights and tail lights without a problem. Everything had connectors so it went together very easily. I took it home, lights worked and it ran just fine. Lights were turned off over night and the key was off and removed. Went to drive it the following morning and the battery didnt have enough power to turn the motor over. The lights still seemed to be working fine. I put a charger on 2 amp charge for a good part of the day and it seemed as if the battery wasnt getting charged. I unhooked the lights from the battery and let it charge overnight. It seems to have plenty of power to turn it over now without a problem. I am assuming that the light kit is drawing power even when it is turned off. I am no electrician or anything, so could you point me in the right direction on where to start to get the problem solved?
Thanks, Jordan
JMA1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lights draining battery?

You could disconnect the power source wire for the lights and use an ohm meter btwn that wire and ground to see if it's drawing, with lights off it should read 0.

If no ohm meter, you can use a 12 volt test light btwn that wire and the positive post on the battery, with lights off it shouldn't light.

Can also use a 12 volt bulb standing on the positive battery post and touch that wire to the side of the bulb.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO