lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Default Just A 4" Lift On a 2006 EZGO TXT

My 2006 EZGO is working fine, no problem with the engine (Yet), however, on the first sign of engine trouble, I'm upgrading to a 24 hp. Honda V-twin.
I understand the first thing is do a lift on the cart...4" is the minimum I had been reading about.
With that being said, I want to add 4" lift to the front, and about the same to the rear. From what I can find, I only need the 4" spindle drop. This raising the front 4 inches, and about the same to the rear. The rear is a bit more work,, as I would have to remove the leaf springs/shackles, and move them to the top side of the axle. This would also require moving the Isomount base plate, bushings, etc to the top. Probably require a 1-1/2" block spacer to increase the left, plus longer "U" bolts.

The question is... Where can I buy just the 4" drop spindles? I have found many sites that sell a drop spindle, plus a lot of other items. From what I can tell by looking at the front, I can do the lift with just the 4" drop spindles. Can this be done as I suggest?
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
lomcevac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just A 4" Lift On a 2006 EZGO TXT

I have an 08 TXT and I added an Allsports 4" Drop Axle and spindle kit. I like this because it gives you the best of both worlds. Steering is still great, and all tie rods are up out of the way so they don't get hit. This is just my opinion, but worth a look.
I am running 22x11x10 tires and have done some pretty long and rough trail rides on atv trails, and all is good.
http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-56-...-spindles.aspx
lomcevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO