lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Front Hub and Wheel Bearing Change

2005 TXT Series cart with drop lift - Does anyone have a process for changing out my front hubs and wheel bearings? I have the new hubs and seals for the back and will reuse the bearings in the existing hubs. If there is a spec sheet or something to look at that someone has would be great. I do not have a packer so need to know if there is another shade tree type way to put the bearings back in the new hub with the bearing lubricant. Also, can I use a socket to get the nut off the spindle?

CamoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Hub and Wheel Bearing Change

I would not advise using your old bearings. While not as intense as a car, they can develop a wear pattern to them. New bearings are cheap and after purchasing them, you could get any local garage to pack them for you for a small "donation" to the mechanic.......

and yes, you can use a socket to remove the Spindle nut.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Hub and Wheel Bearing Change

Well, it seems kind of silly but the hubs I am replacing are almost new and they came as apart of my lift kit. I am extending my tires in the front and the lift kit hubs will not work for the wheel extenders so I had to put stock hubs back on the spindles and make a spacer to get them to fit. The bearings are okay and everything is put back together. Much easier (other than the spacer) to do this job than expected.

However, I do have one question about tightening the lug nuts that hold on the spacer. Is there some magical way to put a lot of torque on these nuts to hold the spacer on? I can tighten but cannot tighten as tight a I like because the hub moves as you are apply torque. Help....
CamoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO