lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Huntr
Not Yet Wild

Default Stock vs hot camshaft

I need to replace the camshaft in my EH35C.

It's in a 2001 Workhorse. I use it in the woods and hauling stuff around the property. I've got hills.

If I change to the high torque camshaft, will this help with hills? Cut my top end speed? Higher wear and tear on the engine? Require additional part changes? Good change or waste of time?

Thanks
Steve
Huntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Huntr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stock vs hot camshaft

Anyone gonna help a mechanical newbie out here? Engine is apart awaiting parts that I have yet to order because I don't have all the info I need yet.
Huntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
kzunell
Getting Wild

Talk to the manufacturer of the after market camshaft and see what they recomend..
kzunell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Never heard of that cam, but I'm not an EZGo guy, so.....
Any performance cam will add strain and shorten the life of a valve train to some degree, but I don't see how it can make much difference beyond the original design without modifications to the rest of intake/exhaust system. Bigger jets, free flowing exhaust, etc. The big question I have is why do you need to replace a cam in the first place??
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
Never heard of that cam, but I'm not an EZGo guy, so.....
Any performance cam will add strain and shorten the life of a valve train to some degree, but I don't see how it can make much difference beyond the original design without modifications to the rest of intake/exhaust system. Bigger jets, free flowing exhaust, etc. The big question I have is why do you need to replace a cam in the first place??

I'm with Flint here, and wonder about the cam... Also, most performance parts are only show their worth when working in conjunction with several other performance parts. Somethin' as major to the engine as the cam I would have to agree with Flint again, it would best be used with some exhaust, intake and other engine mod's to get your money out of a performance cam. My engine is a 295 on a 350 with a stock 295 cam. It has all the power I ever expected to get out of a 11 hp engine...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO