lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #11
bigtony55
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 16 Hp Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundownshifter View Post
I have a 16hp kawasaki v twin in my 98 CC and it runs fine with the 98 rearend (4 Years) and I know a couple other members on here that has not had any trouble. it will give you just little more torque and just little less speed running the gears opposite (F for Reverse R for Forward) but if you don't want to give up any speed you can more than make up with it by putting in high speed gears I suggest asking Tom this question in his forum http://forums.cartpartsplus.com/ He sells kits where I got mine for 96-down and 97 -up . I have a 96 I could take the rearend out of but I don't find it necessary I believe
you will have to make an angled engine bracket (to level up engine)and machine your shaft to fit your clutch or get a different clutch ,and must have at least a 4" lift but check with Tom he's the expert
Any idea why you need a lift kit it doesnt look like the motor hangs any lower unless its just a weight thing and bottoms our the stock suspension
bigtony55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
spook1
Not Yet Wild

corrected my problems and got a new clutch no with stock gears on small factory tires im getting 22 mph. adding a lift and some bigger tires hoping to top out at about 26-28. accelaration is real quick. will spin the tires.
spook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

spook1

I had to do this from scratch. i have a gokart type clutch for a one inch shaft driving a 7" pulley on the differential (7/8" shaft). ihve tried other pullys but i think i need a torque converter setup and it will sovle my problems. As far as rpm's I can get 3600 easy I just want to be able to cruise the block at about 15 mph or so without turning so many rpm's. any advise will be greatly appreicated.

What happen to 15mph LOL SPEED TRIP!!

corrected my problems and got a new clutch no with stock gears on small factory tires im getting 22 mph. adding a lift and some bigger tires hoping to top out at about 26-28. accelaration is real quick. will spin the tires.
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car