lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Default Trouble with cart

I just got my cart a few months ago and supposely I had a set of Trojan 105's that were testing to 98 minutes. The batteries have held a charge for a good while with plently of power. Just recently my wife took the kids out for a spin and the cart only made it a few houses down before losing power. I had her plug the cart it to charge it up and I gave it a run the next day. The meter showed a full charge and I was only able to run it for about 5 minutes before i started losing power. The meter was still showing fully charged but the cart was crawling back to the house. Any idea? dead batteries already?
Mike
07 EZGO pds
mhebert4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Trouble with cart

Do you have a DVM meter,-- We need some volt readings from each battery and the volts from the battery pack, after the batteries have been off the charger for 12 hours or more to get a true reading of the volts, and look and see what year your batteries are, there is a letter and a number stamped on the negative post of the battery, give us some of this info and we'll see whats up-

A= Jan

B= Feb

and the number is the year on the batteries
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Check all the cables while you're in there. Give 'em a little tug. Make sure all connections/connectors are clean, bright, and tight!
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Thats what happens when you let women drive them
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
bolter
Not Yet Wild

You can also put your cart into diagnostic mode and see if you get a code back. I have seen similar things happen if your solenoid welds shut. The way I understand it is your controller will see this and severely limit your armature current so you will barely move, if at all. any how, make sure your back up alarm is hooked up when you go into diagnostics or you won't hear the code :) good luck, hope it's something simple.
bolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

K8 on the post so I assume the batteries are only 2 yrs old. I put a voltage meter on all the batteries. Unfortunately I had just pulled it off the charger. the 2 furtherest from the controller showed 5.6. The 4 closest to controller tested at 6.35. All connected are clean and tight. I plan putting the meter back on tomorrow after leaving the cart unplugged to get a more accurate reading. I have never heard of a diagnostic check. Please tell me more, as Im at a loss for now.
Thanks
Mike
Old 10-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

To put the cart into diagnostic mode.
With key "OFF" and Run/Tow in "RUN"
Move FNR switch from Neutral to Reverse 5 times.
First beeps (1,2,3,or 4) indicate what performance option is set on controller.

The second series of beeps will indicate fault code. 1,2,3 or 4 beeps followed by a pause then 1,2,3 or 4 more beeps.

Compare to chart on ESC cover.

Two batteries at 5.6v right off the charger is not good at all. Possibly the controller is going in to "Limp Home" mode due to the low pack voltage.??? Motor speed sensor and wires checked?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I would first check to see if the two batteries with low voltage are connected to the lights or other 12 volt draw. I see many batteries thrown away thinking they are bad when they are good, but just drained due to over useage of lights and such.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
rib33024

Even the 4 batteries at 6.35 are low they should be a lot higher volts rite off the charger, --6.37 is a 100% charged,--how was the water levels in the batteries when you checked them??

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
I would first check to see if the two batteries with low voltage are connected to the lights or other 12 volt draw. I see many batteries thrown away thinking they are bad when they are good, but just drained due to over useage of lights and such.
Bingo I had an amplifer hooked to these two batteries for the cart radio. I pulled it off the batteries and put it to charge again. My test on the batteries b4 I figured out the problem was 6.5v for the first 4 then 5.8v to the back 2 that the amplifer was connected to. Any idea if I will be able to get these 2 low charge batteries back to full charge? Does it sound like I will have to replace these 2?
Mike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO