lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO long travel...........

OK so I did some searching on this site before I posted this so everyone take it easy!

I have used the terra toys front end and the strech plastics front end. had really good luck with the strech a arm kit but wanted to see if there is another setup. looking around on the internet I found a guy called root engineering or something and he had a kit with fox shocks that looked pretty mean but on the site is says $2,900.00 for front end holly sh** thats a lot of money. I called him and left a message to call me but nothing yet!

So anyone have anything else up there sleeves?????

Here is a pic of that front end:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roote.jpg (83.2 KB, 72 views)
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO long travel...........

That is one nice kit. Ive been thinking of making my own lift kit using fox air shocks.

I do understand the time invested in developing the setup, but $3000 is just a lil over the top for us regular working folk. You can buy those fox air shocks for around $150 each. But i do like those spindles they have built for it.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it looks like a very well built setup! but im with you, I plan on having 3500 into my cart when im done!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Its nice, but, i just cant see spending that kind of money on just a front end lift.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
17TBone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Depends on the kind of Fox Shocks. The Fox Floats we run in ATV MX racing can run well over $1500 just for the two fronts. A set of extended a-arms can run over $1000 for the set. Not saying his kit is high, but it depends on the actual components included.
17TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I here that! long travel anything isn't cheap, the shocks look like just 2.0 air shocks. I do think that a steering box is included just because it looks like the box in the pic is a custom deal. so steering box fox shocks and arms. for a racer that would add up. but like i said i am planning on a 3500 budget build.

I was building a tube chassis off road truck and had a deal on a company's front bulk, arms and spindle from a trophy truck and he was going to sell me the plate all cut and I had to weld 50+ hours and it was 3500.... deal right 18inch travel, box arms no bump steer nice setup. before that happend the company shut down and I was forced to go see some other fab guys stuff. the new fab guys wouldn't sell me anything to let me weld and said they could do the front end for $17,000.00.

so I understand the suspension gig but for a golf cart wowser!

But man that kit looks bad ***! haahhahah.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
17TBone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Agreed. If they are 2.0s with some additional custom fab parts it sounds a bit high. Maybe you can talk him down on a setup and be his "field test/sales dude". It sounds like he isn't going to sell many without people seeing them on the market first. You could be that person that gets him some business and helps him pay for the R&D. You just don't want to be that person that pays full pop. As for the high cost of race parts....that's exactly why all I have is a stinkin golf cart! The kids have all money tied up in race stuff! **** kids.....lol
17TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

I completely understand the cost of r&d. And im not saying his price is to high for what he is selling. It just a lil out of touch for regular folks budget. I think if some one would build and distribute a more affordable kit that ride good with some simple performance would be great. I wouldnt mind the jakes and allsport high lift ifs, but $800 for it is just not what im willing to spend on a golf cart.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am pretty sure I will go with a strech a arm kit. I have used them in a couple honda 24hp carts and i cant believe what i did with it. the terra toys front end I have blown countless shocks. they use a automotive type singe spring rate coil over and it just wont handle me! hahaha
The strech kit has a dual rate coil over that takes it. I jumped this 2 seater cart I built 20 times and landed flatland from 4-5 ft of air and the first thing that broke was the wood on the seat bottom then the terra toys honda motor plate. the motor plate broke at the welds????? goooooood tiiiiiiiiimmmmmeees!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

WHERE IS THE VIDEOS??????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO