lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Newbe restoring 91 Club car

hi bought the car yesterday and tore it apart today, still a rolling chassis.
The wiring had caught on fire near the engine and totally burnt out, the harness is cooked beyond recognition from the solenoid back, forward harness seems pretty good yet.
Anyhow I'm redoing it over winter project and was looking for some build advise and tips on what areas to address now that it's down to the frame. I can't afford hundreds for a lift kit, is there a backyard trick I can do to the shackles or block something up to increase ground clearance?
I'm having trouble figuring out to remove the front body section do I need to drill out rivets to get it off?
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Newbe restoring 91 Club car

Here's a couple photos of the tear down.
I'm going to fab up my own lift from info i'm gathering from this site, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 001.jpg (60.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg cart 002.jpg (62.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg cart 003.jpg (58.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg cart 014.jpg (61.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg cart 009.jpg (65.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

looks like you got a good start. i would power wash the frame and look for cracked welds.

cheapest lift is a z type cut the frame lift. but once you lift you have to buy expensive tires to match. sorry no backyard type tricks to lift that front end.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Hey thanks for replying and I have noticed some boogery looking welds.
I think the rear lift I can do up with long u-bolts and saddle up on top the axle tube rather than below it, easy enough to make the saddle.
If I may ask, what is the Z-drop bracket made of steel or all-u-minum, and I'm going over this in my mind and seeing the steering column shaft ending up short, would it need lengthened? Thanks.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

yes the steering shaft needs to be longer. the kits usually come with some provision for this as well as what is needed to flip the spring to the top of the axle in the rear. google z lift or e aby.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

4verticle thanks your helping out more than you know.
Just one more question before I begin mock up, I've searched and looked at pictures of a few Z bracket lifts, it appears like they also move the wheels forward as they have a raked angle rather then just a straight 90* drop, is there a science that needs to factored in on the amount of forward rake like in this diagram:

Ok I messed that one up, accidently got my daughters little brat friends picture in there. the pdf diagram is below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment.aspx.jpg (20.9 KB, 15 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf c4zlk-c7zlk-c9zlk(front).pdf (160.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

idk different people go diff amounts. depends on what you are trying to clear i suppose? the other thing is that you will have to figure out something for the front of the body where it attaches behind the bumper as this will now be say 4 inches lower and 4 inches forward or wahtever. that one shows a flat plate. most just use 4 z shaped peices, like 1/4" thick. 1 on the inside and 1 on the outside of the frame on each side. then bolt them through. make sure there is plenty of overlap of the steel along the aluminum frame. pprobably like (4) 3/8" bolts per union.16 total

picture of a factory club car lift

-Aaron
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car