lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Default Does seafoam work?

I have no idea when (or if) the carb on my cart was ever cleaned and I don't know how to clean the carb myself. Would it be a good idea to run some seafoam through the fuel system? The cart generally runs fine, but I drove it for a while today and stopped for about 15 minutes. When I went to get going again the cart had a very hard time getting started. It kinda felt like it does when you first warm it up. I put the gas all the way down after that and after about 20 seconds it took off as usual and I made it home. Then drove about another 7 miles later on to see if anymore problems, but it seemed fine. Just thought maybe I'd add some seafoam to see if that might help? The cart is a 2001 TXT with a 295.
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Does seafoam work?

I'e had real good luck with it. Better than Berrymans IMO.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

It will not hurt but I really do believe that if you clean your nozzles and jets you will have cleaned your carburetor.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

i think it works fine, but word of warning-don't get over enthusiast and add too much at one time. it is not like berrymans, where you could probably run it straight, seafoam is not very combustible.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Its a better preventive measure than a cure-all. It will eventually clean things up if the carb is not too dirty. I think it was originally introduced as a marine product. The gas stations on the water are notorious for having water in the gas. Also, the gas tends to sit longer in a boat. But like Madoc already mentioned.... the bottle is meant to treat much larger quantities
casper4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

seafoam is the s!!!

Give it a try it definatley wont hurt
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Thanks for all the replies. How much do you think I should use to start ? About a quarter of a bottle?
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I have used it with good success and also had a few things like jets clog after loosing up the junk.
Here is the how to page at the Seafoam website: http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-u...treatment.html
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
firecart1
Getting Wild

I was a mechanic for a decade and we used seafoam all the time after tune-ups and fuel inj. cleanings just to make sure the rest of the system runs ok. I dont believe you can over use it at all!! I add 1/2 a bottle to a bottle of it to 5-6 gallons of fuel for the cart and run it that way. Sea foam also makes a perfect stabilizer for storing your cart with fuel in it. Just use the same ratios and you will be fine!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO