lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
xb2003
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT/RXV/Huh? and My GOV Adjusted?

Hey Guys,
Im new here, and i have a couple questions about my golf cart. I know like nothing about these, so i may be a little ignorant, but i usually catch on quick. Anyways, i don't get what this whole TXT. RXV, whatever, and what all that stuff is. All i know is that my Golf Cart is a 01 EZ-GO, so i would like to know a little more. I will try and attach a picture, due to the fact the cart is 2 hours away from me right now.

I have a question about the governor. I want to pull a little bit more speed out of my cart if possible, and i believe the easiest way to do that is {tighten?} the governor up a little. But i cant afford to replace an engine, so i need to make sure i dont screw anything up. Here is a little background info, because i am thinking the previous owner might have tweeked it just a little. As of now, i can run it about 16.5 on gravel, and 18-21 on blacktop. This is with a lift kit(i think 3 inchs, im not sure), big tractor tires, summers evening, me only, little gas, backseat, have shield, etc. I have a place at the lake that we can run golfcarts all over the place, and mine will run-up on any of them, gas/electric, EZGO/ClubCAR/Yammy/ and workhorses. This seems a little odd to me, and like i said, i think it might have been tweaked.
I have read on this site that you can zip-tie the governor somehow, and this way, if kids want to ride, just cut the tie, and they cant go near as fast. I read and studied that post, and i cant figure out how the gosh dang thing works.

One other small thing. As it shows in the picture(i hope i can attach), i have the rear seat. Is it possible to attach any type of a trailer hitch to this cart, because the running board on the back isnt strong enough. It would just pull a light weight jet-ski trailor, with a pedal boat or something.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart.jpg (66.7 KB, 2 views)
xb2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO