lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: rough running 95 gas ClubCar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot425 View Post
=======================

I would like to make it a point to report my progress with rough running engine on this ClubCar. Thank you Rose88 and CKIguy because you hit the nail on the head. Your diagnosis regarding fuel system troubles instead of an electrical problem was very helpful.

The very next day I chose to r&r the fuel pump. After taking the pump all apart and washing with carb solvent I replaced all the fuel filters and gas lines. It had two gas filters, one paper and one small ceramic. The paper filter seemed fine (replaced it anyway) but I could get no air through the ceramic one. I believe it was plugged solid. Air could pass through the new one. I also noted a sharp kink in the main gas supply line to the tank. The new line took care of it.

Long story short, the cart runs great and I wanted to take the time and give you the feedback you deserve for your effort.

rimshot
Glad to hear you found the problem.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
I have appreciated all the helpful posts folks have provided so far. I'm not so sure about the poster named "invalidsession". What is the point of your post? If your intention was to insult somebody than please don't waste our time.

Don't worry. If this guy responds with anything other than an apology he will be reported. There ought to be a way to pull posts like that.

rimshot425
oh ****! ding ding! its on like donkey kong now!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

rimshot not to yel at you, but pised in someones wheaties yesterday that didnt like it to well. he is very known on this board! as i rember he is a site sponsor, so just a word for you to ponder.

cc quit running the dual fule filter for a reason! only one is needed between the tank and the pump. the sea foam mya have fouled up your plug with a oil residue, i cause i should have let you know you may have to pull it out and clean it after the sea foam trick. or if its a old one, for the 3 bucks replace it.

im glad cart is doing better. just keep in mind about the fuel and the fact most fuel stabilizers are not working like they should with this fuel, i have not had any issues with the sea foam. thats just what works for me!
just a thought from me too, there has been a huge spam hit on here taking alot of time and space on here. so idle may had been on the offensive by certian key words he found in your post. send him a note, cause with a 5 post count and the question and the key words in it, kinda is screaming as a spam!
we are hee to help sometimes you will get some sarcasm with it too! so please read with a sense of humor! and if not said and i will say it...WELCOME TO BUGGIES GONE WILD!
P.S. i cant spell or type very well!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
rimshot425
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
rimshot not to yel at you, but pised in someones wheaties yesterday that didnt like it to well. he is very known on this board! as i rember he is a site sponsor, so just a word for you to ponder.

cc quit running the dual fule filter for a reason! only one is needed between the tank and the pump. the sea foam mya have fouled up your plug with a oil residue, i cause i should have let you know you may have to pull it out and clean it after the sea foam trick. or if its a old one, for the 3 bucks replace it.

im glad cart is doing better. just keep in mind about the fuel and the fact most fuel stabilizers are not working like they should with this fuel, i have not had any issues with the sea foam. thats just what works for me!
just a thought from me too, there has been a huge spam hit on here taking alot of time and space on here. so idle may had been on the offensive by certian key words he found in your post. send him a note, cause with a 5 post count and the question and the key words in it, kinda is screaming as a spam!
we are hee to help sometimes you will get some sarcasm with it too! so please read with a sense of humor! and if not said and i will say it...WELCOME TO BUGGIES GONE WILD!
P.S. i cant spell or type very well!
=================

Thanks for the additional tips CKIguy. I will go ahead and stick a new plug in just because of your advice. You guys basically fixed my cart for me and for that I'm grateful. I had intended to provide feedback to you guys that helped me at the very least because you made an effort and hit the nail on the head. I did search for an answer also but was looking in the wrong direction using the term "ignition coil". If I would have stopped there and not posted my dilemma You guys never would have had a crack of getting me pointed in the right way o far as getting this cart back on the road.

I don't mean to inflame anybody with the following response. So far as my post in reponse to Invalidsession's original post I will have to stand by it. I don't feel like I pee'd in anybodies Wheaties. I was merely letting this board know I was not even close to what this guy was calling me. This was coming from a person that doesn't even know me yet it seemed more of a diatribe to me than an "off the cuff remark" Try googling the terms he directed my way. Maybe I should have but I wasn't going to let that one go unanswered. To top it off, I got clobbered again for being offended by an ambush that was unprovoked. Maybe he owns this site but he did not need to fire that one off so far as I am concerned. I don't agree that I started this silly food fight.

I was not going to go into all this but wanted to stop by one last time before I leave here and acknowlege the the effort by those who have helped me out. I understand the rules of the game and the internet is just the internet. There is always two sides to every issue and this will be the last time you will hear about mine. I can assure you of that. As for Invalid session, He can fire away at me again an again if he wants but I'm done with that silly game.

Thanks again to the cart geeks around here. You guys know your stuff.

rimshot
rimshot425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #15
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
=================

Thanks for the additional tips CKIguy. I will go ahead and stick a new plug in just because of your advice. You guys basically fixed my cart for me and for that I'm grateful. I had intended to provide feedback to you guys that helped me at the very least because you made an effort and hit the nail on the head. I did search for an answer also but was looking in the wrong direction using the term "ignition coil". If I would have stopped there and not posted my dilemma You guys never would have had a crack of getting me pointed in the right way o far as getting this cart back on the road.

I don't mean to inflame anybody with the following response. So far as my post in reponse to Invalidsession's original post I will have to stand by it. I don't feel like I pee'd in anybodies Wheaties. I was merely letting this board know I was not even close to what this guy was calling me. This was coming from a person that doesn't even know me yet it seemed more of a diatribe to me than an "off the cuff remark" Try googling the terms he directed my way. Maybe I should have but I wasn't going to let that one go unanswered. To top it off, I got clobbered again for being offended by an ambush that was unprovoked. Maybe he owns this site but he did not need to fire that one off so far as I am concerned. I don't agree that I started this silly food fight.

I was not going to go into all this but wanted to stop by one last time before I leave here and acknowlege the the effort by those who have helped me out. I understand the rules of the game and the internet is just the internet. There is always two sides to every issue and this will be the last time you will hear about mine. I can assure you of that. As for Invalid session, He can fire away at me again an again if he wants but I'm done with that silly game.

Thanks again to the cart geeks around here. You guys know your stuff.

rimshot
rimshot no need to run. if you do need any help in the future dont hesitate to ask. you will get a answer. some you may and may not like. but dont give up on buggies just do to one issue that gave you problems. as you found out here, you got answers that helped you out. and idle may have just had a bad day! we are good people on here wanting to help those who want the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car