lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #11
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Opnions on this lift kit please?

i will more than agree that you get what you pay for. but, unfortunately 2 of the spindle lifts that i have seen break were jakes. now, im not bashing jakes at all. i have their 5in lift on my cart and its great. i personally thing the spindle lifts are just fine if all you do in street riding. i have seen some carts with spindle lifts do some serious offroading with no problems. in fact, the chances of having any problems is very slim. but with spindle lifts, its more likely to happen if your doing any heavy off roading. thats just my two cent worth. i have seen axle lifts bend though
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #12
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes I have seen 3-4 different lifts fail, just saying I have never broken a Jake's. Have also run an Allsports 6" lift and had good luck with it.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #13
zachalyse
Not Yet Wild

Correct me if I wrong, but if I could an Allsport 6" kit for $50 more wouldn't it be a no brainer? Independent suspension with better ride?
zachalyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #14
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

you said it best though rose, you get what you pay for. i dont care how good a brand of something is, they are bound to have a failer every now and then
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you still havn,t said how your gonna use the cart.............in all honesty this is a hard question to answer..........what didn,t impress me was the whole setup but thats me and what i like may not impress you at all which is perfectly understandable...........you like beer i like wine know what i mean..........1st thing is how are you going to use the cart? is this just for show or are you gonna do off roading thus abusing the cart......if its for show you might want a Z- lift most comfortable ride however having to cut your frame to install one i would never...........there are guys out there however who love them..........if its for off roading then maybe an A-arm which should hold up depending on the level of abuse..........an all around look good and mild off roading a spindle lift...........wheels and tires are a whole nother game.......my point is if you ask 10 of us your gonna get 10 different opinions.....so my advice is whatever you buy for your riding pleasure just quaility......my bro-in-law put a 7 inch no name spindle lift on his yamy with i beleive the same size tire/wh combo you mentioned and it looks like crap......not only does it look like its on the verge of tipping over the thing leans to pass side and now leaks oil out of the rear axle vent..........you get what you pay for......only you know..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yeah he did Tom... but in another thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachalyse View Post
Yah, sorry guys. Cart will be basically used around the house on dirt roads and the occasional off road pole lines and atv trails.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-type-use.html

Last edited by lockman1; 08-12-2011 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Added quote
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have this same, or very similar kit, it's the welded spindles, works fine for what I do...up and down the street and around the flat yard... maybe up the man made hill at the end of the street. If I was going to do any kind of hard terrain off roading, I would have went with something else.

I'm with everyone else, you usually get what you pay for.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
zachalyse
Not Yet Wild

Have a friend who has a brand new pair of tires/rims off turf his Polaris Ranger. They are 23 x 20.5 x 12's. The rims are steel with a 4 bolt pattern. the diagnal center to center for the bolt holes is 6". My existing rims are 4" c to c. Do these kits come with a new hub with a larger bolt pattern that I need to make the tires work?
zachalyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Yeah he did Tom... but in another thread!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-type-use.html

.....sorry i missed that..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachalyse View Post
Have a friend who has a brand new pair of tires/rims off turf his Polaris Ranger. They are 23 x 20.5 x 12's. The rims are steel with a 4 bolt pattern. the diagnal center to center for the bolt holes is 6". My existing rims are 4" c to c. Do these kits come with a new hub with a larger bolt pattern that I need to make the tires work?
All lift kits use the existing hubs on your cart.
If you have the fab skills... I suppose you could make some adapters!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car