lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
dale38
Not Yet Wild

Default starting problem

Have 1992 club car sometimes you have to push pedal several times before the starter will turn over. someone had me to cross the solenoid to see if it would start then and it does everytime . so i replaced the solenoid and it does same thing still wont start unless you cross the post. Thanks for your help.
dale38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: starting problem

Sounds like you have a dirty micro switch...maybe the one on the gas pedal. Get out the meter and see if you have continuity from the key switch to the micro switch and then see if you have continuity on the other side of the switch when the gas pedal is depressed.
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
dale38
Not Yet Wild

had one that show continuity. and another didnt have. i wont be able to pick the part up till tommorrow. if i can find a place.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes try replacing that micro switch....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
dale38
Not Yet Wild

Thanks For the help . It was the micro switches, but it was the ones on the gear selector's for forward ,neutral ,and reverse. got them replaced now every time you hit the pedal it starts up.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
dale38
Not Yet Wild

sorry it tookme so long, been having some medical problems been trying to get over.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
dale38
Not Yet Wild

I replaced the micro switches , and i thought that was it. started right up a few times . Now just mostly you can hear the solnoid click and the microswitches. if you hit the pedal long enough you will get a start from time to time. Does anyone have any more thoughts on this. Thank You Again for all your help.

1992 ClubCar
Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

You've got a ground problem. Check the main ground cable...rather, take it off the frame and scrape the frame with a wire wheel where it connects. Same with the cable that attaches to the frame. I'm betting this is your problem.

Good luck!
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
dale38
Not Yet Wild

I took off frame and battery cleaned the frame and cable connections ,but still having trouble.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

dale check the frame to battery groud. also check the wire and see iff the wire isnt seperating from the insulation, good sighn the wire is bad, but it looks good, rotting from inside out. you can also run a ohms test from engine to ground on battery and frame to battery, will tell you if yiou have any ground issues too. just check all grounds, even the ones from the wire harness to the frame around the seat area. and behind the key.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car