lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

Default Need some new parts for my ezgo, suggestions?

I need two things for my cart.
First, I go thru at least a hub a year usually on my driver side. I think I need to replace the axle shaft as well as the hub, is there a heavy duty hub or is the stock ezgo hub all thats available and will putting a new axle in help(I think there is some play in the splines when new hub is installed)?

Second when I got my new 400 amp controller 4 yrs ago it came with a large inline fuse that connects to the battery terminal and then to the controller. I blew it couple weeks ago and need a new one. What size should I go with and where can I get them?

My cart is an 2000 ezgo with a 400 amp controller, high torque motor, high speed gears, converted to 48 volt, 2g cables and a forward reverse contactor from scotty. I am running 23" tires and have alot of weight on the cart with batteries people and equipment.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Need some new parts for my ezgo, suggestions?

If you have been through a few hubs I would recommend changing the axle also. Have you cleaned the axle splines real good and gotten all the hub debri out of the splines? I finaaly had to replace the axles in the old Mud Buggie because of this very thing.

As for the fuse Alltrax suggest:

250 Amp
(400 Amp or Less - Controller)
400 Amp
(450 Amp or Higher - Controller)

This was what I had on the 72 volt carts.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need some new parts for my ezgo, suggestions?

Have you determined what caused your fuse to blow, such as checking for bad wiring?

Question for the group. It appears these inline fuses have a clear window. Are these useful for determining the type of failure? With small glass fuses(besides the spring-loaded quick blow types), you can usually tell whether it was a slight overload - wire simply opened, or a major overload - wire literally vaporized.

If your fuse looks like the fusible portion is simply burned in two, you can probably just replace it. If it looks like it vaporized, you have some trouble-shooting to do.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

The fuze was barely burnt, in fact I didnt notice until I saw it spark inside. Nothing was hot we just were slow crawling a really steep hill.
As far as the axle I believe that is what needs to be done.
Any suggestions on where to get this stuff?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

The fuze was barely burnt, in fact I didnt notice until I saw it spark inside. Nothing was hot we just were slow crawling a really steep hill.
As far as the axle I believe that is what needs to be done.
Any suggestions on where to get this stuff?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO