lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Hardluck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Boogered wiring

UPDATE! I tried adjusting the cable, but it's already right at the end of the threads inside the box. None sticking out of the nut. I also tried adjusting the rod from the foot pedal to the bottom of the black box. I took that sucker off about 5 or 6 times and no good. I did make it a lot worse one time. I also did some rigging and made it longer than normal. It would engage the starter sooner, but the trans wouldn't engage until later and harder? It's adjusted all the way out longer and that's where it was initially.

I also noticed that the cart is jerking kinda hard on start off like the cable to the rearend maybe out of time. What does the lever on top of the rear/trans do that the cable is hooked to? Not the fwd/rev.

I'm stupid when it comes to all these cables and linkage!
Hardluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the one that has the black cable is F&R.........and theres one back there i beleive for the gov..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Do you have a nice slow idle speed when it is running Hardluck or does it go pretty fast ? It should move at a snails pace if everything is adjusted correctly.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

FC i think he may have an issue with that low speed cable if its adjusted as he posted........there should be threads inside and out from the box...........................
Old 01-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #15
Hardluck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No fastercarter, that's the problem. It's almost all or nothing! I'd like to be able to move around slowly when cleaning up my firebreaks and picking up trash on the road frontage of property.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

that cable should have like 17 threads on the inside of the box....what i mean is from the nut that holds it in there you should be able to count approx 17 threads on that rod......that should make it close..........................
Old 01-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #17
Hardluck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tried going that way and it made it worse?? I put it back like it was, no threads showing inside the box.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok something is really out of wack somewhere cause as i mentioned about those threads thats about normal then you can fine tune it from there..........................
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Hardluck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah, now that I'm learning and reading here, I think previous owner had it setup to run fast. Wish I had some pictures of all the linkages and cables. It jerks hard now when starting off. Don't know if that is the cables/linkage or clutch?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it could also be the gov set improper....i,m not sure how to go about it other than to start from scratch with everything like getting the low speed idle cable right and then adjusting the gov and going from there.............almost have to start from nothing...........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car