lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Neurosis76
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Carb parts

I've been lurking around here for the last few weeks and what a great resource this forum has been. I'm working on an '85 G1 with it's primary problem being that there's more white smoke coming outta this thing than a Dead concert. Oil system is disconnected and I'm running approximately an oil ratio of 100:1. I suspect maybe there's too much (unburnt) fuel flowing through the combustion chamber? Plus the fuel overflow tube is dripping gas when the engine's running. I decided to pull the carb to give it a good cleaning first before delving "deeper". I haven't bbq'd the muffler yet, but any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So I've pulled the carb and would love to put it back together, but I've got a slight whoopsie! I took the fuel bowl off, removed the float, turned the carb right side up and had a needle fall out... and I've got no idea where it should go back or which orientation it should go back in. I've got some possible ideas, as shown in the arrows, but figured I'd better ask.

Also, the manual indicates the pilot screw controls the air/fuel mix (lean or rich), but what does the screw (with the arrow) do?

TIA
Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb01.jpg (45.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg carb02.jpg (54.5 KB, 7 views)
Neurosis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
sdub1
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Carb parts

The needle is how the float opens and closes the incoming fuel port. It installs next the float hinge and on some carbs there is a small wire clip that attaches the needle to the float. I have never gone into a G1 carb so there may not be a clip. As to the arrow pointing to the top of the carb, I dont know off hand, I would guess that it is some kind of vent jet. Someone will post a better reply soon, so I hope this helps gets you started.
sdub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
sdub1
Getting Wild
Yamaha

and I've got no idea where it should go back or which orientation it should go back in. TIA
Jason[/QUOTE]

The flat part of the needle makes contact with the float and pointed part will SEAT into the seat.
sdub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
gcroz
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Im assuming with no additional posts you have all your anwers. If not I can help you, let me know. Also during your rebuild did you learn anything else of value about your G1 I too am in the process of "Getting er going" I have a G1 also. Here is a Parts Picture of your Carb.
Attached Images
File Type: gif G1 Carb.gif (10.6 KB, 0 views)
gcroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha